A 50-year-old Vietnamese man, the last patient being treated for the new coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Vietnam, has been discharged from the hospital after a 15-day course of treatment.
The Quang Ha General Medical Clinic in the northern province of Vinh Phuc discharged Nguyen Van Vinh, from Son Loi Commune of Binh Xuyen District, on Wednesday morning.
Vinh, the father of recovered COVID-19 patient N.T.D., was hospitalized on February 12 with mild symptoms including a cough and runny nose.
Four members of the family, including Vinh, his wife, D., and another daughter, all contracted COVID-19 after D. returned home from a vocational training program in the central Chinese city of Wuhan, the epicenter of the viral outbreak.
The 23-year-old woman also allegedly spread the disease to a cousin, a neighbor, and the neighbor’s grandchild.
Fifteen days into treatment, Vinh was clear of all COVID-19 symptoms and tested negative for the virus three times on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.
|Doctors congratulate Nguyen Van Vinh, the last patient being treated for COVID-19 in Vietnam, upon his discharge from the Quang Ha General Medical Clinic in Vinh Phuc Province, February 26, 2020. Photo: Viet Dung / Tuoi Tre|
As per treatment guidelines issued by the Ministry of Health, a COVID-19 patient is allowed to be discharged from the hospital only after their fever has ceased for at least three days and at least two samples, taken one day apart, test negative for the virus.
Vinh is now out of the hospital after meeting all of the above requirements.
His wife and two daughters had also recovered and been discharged from the hospital earlier.
Upon Vinh’s walking out of the hospital, his wife, P.T.T., sent her apology to those who were infected by her family.
“There was little information about the disease back then … My daughter unintentionally spread the disease to other people,” T. said.
The COVID-19 has killed 2,763 people and infected over 81,000 globally since it first hit the central Chinese city of Wuhan in December 2019, according to the South China Morning Post.
Vietnam has so far reported 16 cases of the viral infection, including 13 Vietnamese, one Vietnamese American, and two Chinese.
With Wednesday morning’s release of Vinh, all patients in Vietnam have been successfully treated and are out of the hospital.
The country has recorded no new infection since February 13.
- Canada's first coronavirus patient discharged from hospital
- First NSW coronavirus patients discharged from hospital
- nCoV: Four quarantined in Maharashtra, three patients discharged in Mumbai
- More patients discharged from hospitals in Zhejiang
- Vietnam’s health sector in 2019: achievements and drawbacks
- NHS could free hospital beds and 'save lives' using AI which tells doctors when patients are stable enough to go home up to THREE DAYS earlier
- Standard set helps lift hospital quality
- All Vietnam-Wuhan flights cancelled after pneumonia virus outbreak
- ‘We will admit them if they’re dying’: Wuhan hospitals running low on test kits and beds
- China is aiming to build a hospital in Wuhan inside a week to treat coronavirus patients. Here's how
- One of Vietnam’s first confirmed coronavirus patients recovers
- Vietnam should prepare for coronavirus worst-case scenario: deputy PM
- First three virus patients in Hebei discharged from hospital
- Vietnam isolates 12, including 7 Chinese, with fevers in Da Nang
- 33 people, including 18 foreigners, tested for novel coronavirus in Vietnam’s Khanh Hoa
- Doctors are on standby at Heathrow to meet any sick passengers arriving from China as all 31 patients tested for coronavirus in UK are CLEARED and Border Force hunts 2,000 people who flew in from Wuhan in last two weeks
- Endless NHS waiting times are behind a surge in hospital admissions for eating disorders – not social media or fad diets, says former sufferer EVE SIMMONS
- Inside the NHS hospital where Britain's first two coronavirus patients are quarantined and hazmat-clad nurses treat sufferers through a protective TENT to prevent the spread of highly contagious diseases
- Vietnam’s first novel coronavirus patient has recovered
- Coronavirus: Three discharged in Mumbai; 9 still under watch
Vietnam's last COVID-19 patient discharged from hospital have 658 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at February 26, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.