The latest case is a 50-year old male from Son Loi commune in Binh Xuyen district of the northern province of Vinh Phuc.
The man is also the father of a patient who had been one of the eight Covid -19 infected people returning from Wuhan following their participation in a training course.
It is thought that the case was transmitted person-to-person due to the man staying in the same home with the COVID-19 infected patient until she was admitted to hospital to be put into isolation.
The daughter was later cured at the National Hospital of Tropical Diseases and was finally discharged on February 10.
In addition, the original patient’s mother and younger sister have also been identified as having the COVID-19 and are currently being treated at a medical facility as a result.
Due to the family’s proximity to a sufferer of the virus, the Vinh Phuc Disease Control Center therefore placed the father on the list of people the patient had come into close contact with, whilst moving to put him into isolation for daily health monitoring.
During the follow-up, the patient showed no signs of fever, a cough, or shortness of breath. The situation changed however on February 11 as the patient felt fatigued and therefore, his samples were sent to the Central Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology for testing.
At present, the male patient is being isolated at Quang Ha General Clinic in Binh Xuyen district of Vinh Phuc province where he remains in a stable condition.
To date, the nation has had 16 people infected with the COVID-19 disease, of which seven have gone on to make a successful recovery. Of the total figure, Vinh Phuc province has had 11 cases of COVID-19 infection.
In areas where infected cases have been detected, local authorities have moved to conduct close monitoring and supervision of people who had previously come into close contact with the infected patients. A number of suspected people have been put into isolation whilst their samples have been sent for testing.
- Report finds cases of STDs reach all-time high in California
- 78 new measles cases reported nationwide since last week, CDC says
- Number of measles cases in U.S. jumps to 465, most affected at children
- Number of measles cases in U.S. jumps to 465, most affected are children
- Measles cases surpass 300 this year, CDC says
- Hepatitis A outbreak cases on rise across US
- Smelling dirty socks can give you a fungal infection
- Health care worker infected with monkeypox in the UK
- More than 760 measles cases in US, most are in New York
- More than 760 measles cases in US, most in New York
- Zika: Risk of Infection Through Sex May Last Only a Month
- A Man Died After Being Infected With Brain-Eating Amoeba. Here’s What You Should Know.
- A Man Died After Being Infected With a Brain-Eating Amoeba. Here Are the Facts.
- Amoeba From Tap Water in Neti Pot Tied to Fatal Brain Infection In Seattle Woman
- Gut bacteria boosts immune function among newborns and defends against infections, study finds
- At least 228 measles cases in US this year, CDC says
- More than 700 cases of mumps in the US this year, CDC says
- Nearly 300 US mumps cases reported in March
- IL, CO report cases of polio-like illness in children
- National Tuberculosis Programme Annual Report 2019
Vietnam reports 16th case of COVID-19 infection have 532 words, post on english.vov.vn at February 13, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.