Hanoi (VNA) – The US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on February 27 decided to remove Vietnam from the list of destinations vulnerable to community transmission of SARS-CoV-2.
The decision was made during a teleconference between the Vietnamese Embassy in the US and the US Department of State, Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), and the CDC.
Representatives of the CDC and the HHS praised the Vietnamese Government’s efforts in the fight against the acute respiratory disease caused by SARS-CoV-2, saying monitoring, quarantine and treatment have been carried out comprehensively in the country.
The CDC said it plans to dispatch a delegation to Vietnam in the second half of March in order to enhance medical cooperation between the two countries and accelerate the establishment of a CDC office in the Southeast Asian nation.
The HHS also affirmed its willingness to consider helping Vietnam with more equipment in service of the epidemic combat.
Regarding regional collaboration, the US side expressed its wish to step up cooperation with the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) in epidemic control, which is also expected to be tabled for discussion at the ASEAN-US Summit slated for March 14 in Las Vegas.
Over the past time, apart from authorities, many US firms have also shown their interest in promoting medical collaboration with Vietnam.
According to the US-ASEAN Business Council, among a delegation of more than 40 US enterprises to visit Vietnam from March 3-6, there are about 20 specialising in health care and pharmaceutical products./.
- Vietnam PM calls for country to be on a war footing against African swine fever
- Warren calls out Facebook for refusing to remove anti-Biden ad
- Duck farmer hit by bird flu alert supplies meat for ready meals to Tesco, Lidl and Aldi: Goose and turkey may be off Christmas menu if outbreak spreads
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 17
- A time to cull? The battle over Australia's brumbies
- Special Xoan singing shows for visitors to Hung Kings Temple Festival
- Quang Binh rangers detain man with two dead langurs
- Full text of Finance Minister Piyush Goyal's 2019 Budget speech
- More political headbanging on encryption threatens privacy
- Lenovo Laptop Owners Beware: Your Device May Have Preinstalled Malware
- Northern California Wildfire Becomes The Most Destructive In State History
- President's address to the Parliament
- Is there a neo-Nazi storm brewing in Trump country?
- As California thins forests to limit fire risk, some homeowners resist
- Live Updates: National Weather Service Says Texas Storm Is "Beyond Anything Experienced"
- Enterprise leader's guide to building a successful multicloud strategy
- Xinjiang Explores New Ways to Fight Terrorism - Expert on International Affairs
- 20 Moments From The Past 20 Years That Moved The Whole World Forward
- 100 Days After Paradise Burned, the Stories of the Victims
- Who needs pampering, we're getting ready for Miss World with PRAYERS! Contestants tell FEMAIL how they've been gearing up for the final in VERY wholesome ways - including meditation and charity donations
US removes Vietnam from list of areas vulnerable to community spread of SARS-CoV-2 have 502 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at February 28, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.