Representatives of the CDC and the HHS praised the Vietnamese Government’s efforts in the fight against the acute respiratory disease caused by SARS-CoV-2, saying monitoring, quarantine and treatment have been carried out comprehensively in the country.
The CDC said it plans to dispatch a delegation to Vietnam in the second half of March in order to enhance medical cooperation between the two countries and accelerate the establishment of a CDC office in the Southeast Asian nation.
The HHS also affirmed its willingness to consider helping Vietnam with more equipment in service of the epidemic combat.
Regarding regional collaboration, the US side expressed its wish to step up cooperation with the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) in epidemic control, which is also expected to be tabled for discussion at the ASEAN-US Summit slated for March 14 in Las Vegas.
Over the past time, apart from authorities, many US firms have also shown their interest in promoting medical collaboration with Vietnam.
According to the US-ASEAN Business Council, among a delegation of more than 40 US enterprises to visit Vietnam from March 3-6, there are about 20 specialising in health care and pharmaceutical products.
- 'Momo Challenge': Hoax Still Threat For Vulnerable Kids, Some Say
- Posting To Patch: Share Your Story, Event, Job Listing
- These $19 Clippers Are Color-Coded For Every Type Of Hair
- Swedish Police Consider Making Updated ‘No-Go’ Area List Secret
- What is a community connector? York's Luther B. Sowers, Voni B. Grimes were role models
- Sheboygan Armory: City to renegotiate sale, community group vows 'We're not giving up'
- British-funded dengue forecasting system in Vietnam aims to curb mosquito-borne virus
- Trump-Kim Summit: Leaders Have Dinner in Vietnam
- Fusion Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- Should California consider banning people from living in fire-prone areas?
- Terrifying final seconds of Brit sisters, 19 and 24, and backpacker pal swept to their deaths off 50ft Vietnam waterfall
- Can communities learn to live with wildfire?
- What it's like in the 6 countries on Trump's travel ban list
- 10 RCSD schools added to receivership list
- Google Removed 2 Million Pages a Month From Its Ad Network in 2018 for Policy Violations
- Stop and search should be used in schools in knife crime areas
- Florida puts Airbnb on notice over removal of Jewish settlements
- Mel Gibson lists gated Malibu retreat on the market for $14.5million
- Nashville council committee takes Edgehill park sale off budget after community outcry
- 3 men and a teenager are accused of planning to bomb a Muslim community in upstate New York
US removes Vietnam from list of areas vulnerable to community spread of Covid-19 have 440 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at February 28, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.