And following his courageous act, Phillip’s Dancing On Ice cast mates are reportedly planning a sweet tribute for the star when he returns to the show on Sunday.
The stars of the skating show are set to raise a glass for the presenter, 57, after revealing they are ‘ridiculously proud of him.’
Support: Phillip Schofield’s Dancing On Ice cast mates are reportedly planning a sweet tribute for the star when he returns to the show on Sunday
It’s reported that the cast and crew of the ITV programme have been ‘overwhelmed’ by Phillip’s bravery and are keen to show their respect for him.
A source told The Sun Online: ‘Phillip is a huge part of the Dancing on Ice team and they want him to know they are there for him 100 per cent.
‘The cast are ridiculously proud of him. They will definitely be there to support him at the live show on Sunday and raise a glass to him.’
They continued: ‘It’s nothing but love and hugs as he is a massive part of the family, so this is major.’
Tribute: The stars of the skating show are set to raise a glass for the presenter, 57, after revealing they are ‘ridiculously proud of him’
Pals: ’The cast are ridiculously proud of him. They will definitely be there to support him at the live show on Sunday and raise a glass to him’
Following Phil’s news, several of the Dancing On Ice crew were quick to praise him with adoring messages on social media.
Judge John Barrowman wrote: ‘So proud of you and your family Phillip. Welcome to your truth and authentic self. The nation loves you for who you are! You are @schofe Can’t wait to hug you and don’t worry we got your back we are #LGBTQ+strong welcome to the family. JB.’
While Steps star Ian ‘H’ Watkins, who is a contestant on Dancing On Ice, wrote: ‘Bravo Phillip for your honesty.. Coming out is difficult but your family, friends and fans will be proud of you being your authentic self.’
So much love: Friends and colleagues were united in rallying round the star
Head judges Torvill and Dean remarked: ‘Sending you love support and respect. C&J’.
With fellow judge Ashley Banjo adding: ‘So much Love and respect.’
Professional dancer Alexandra Schulman wrote: ‘So very proud to be able to say that I know and work with this courageous man. I cannot begin to imagine how hard this decision must have been but I admire him and his beautiful family even more now!’
Well wishes: Phil’s This Morning and Dancing On Ice co-stars sent their well wishes to him
The TV presenter took to Instagram on Friday morning to reveal the news in a lengthy and impassioned post before appearing on This Morning to discuss his announcement with his co-host and best friend Holly Willoughby, during which he broke down in tears.
After 27 years of marriage to his wife Steph, he has revealed that he has suffered ‘inner conflict’ and is now ready to ‘celebrate and be proud’ of his sexuality, yet insists he is not thinking about a new relationship.
Phillip, who shares daughters Molly, 27, and Ruby, 24, with his wife, spoke on This Morning about his battles with keeping his secret and the relief of coming out. Phil met Stephanie when she was a BBC production Assistant and he was working for the BBC Children’s television.
Coming out: The TV presenter took to Instagram on Friday morning to reveal the news in a lengthy and impassioned post before appearing on This Morning to discuss his announcement
A friend in need… Holly proved the depth of their friendship as she supported him during the announcement
The couple’s last public appearance was at the National Television Awards last Wednesday. They appeared together on festive show How to Spend It Well at Christmas in December.
Kicking off the subject on This Morning, supportive Holly said: ‘I think we all just take a breath at that point, reading that I can hear your voice, the pain, how difficult it is for you, this is a big day. I know this is something you’ve been living with for a really long time’.
Phil responded: ‘It’s funny because everyone I’ve spoken to, and you, have all been so supportive and so loving and caring, and my entire family to a person have grabbed us and said it’s ok, we love you we’re proud of you…
‘Every person I tell it gets a little lighter and a little lighter, at the same time I have made this decision which is essential for me and essential for my head and that is principally the reason I have done this. They have been supporting while we get to this moment because we all know it was coming…
Candid: Kicking off the subject on This Morning, Holly said: ‘I think we all just take a breathe at that point, reading that I can hear your voice the pain how difficult it is for you, this is a big day, I know this is something you’ve been living with for a really long time’
Speaking about telling his daughters, he said: ‘I wasn’t easy [telling my daughters]. But they are so amazing in their love and support. They jumped up and gave me a hug, a big hug, a long hug’ (pictured in public together for the last time before coming out at National Television Awards last week)
‘I have been coming to terms with the fact that I am gay’: Phillip’s statement in full
You never know what’s going on in someone’s seemingly perfect life, what issues they are struggling with, or the state of their wellbeing – and so you won’t know what has been consuming me for the last few years. With the strength and support of my wife and my daughters, I have been coming to terms with the fact that I am gay.
This is something that has caused many heart-breaking conversations at home. I have been married to Steph for nearly 27 years, and we have two beautiful grown-up daughters, Molly and Ruby.
My family have held me so close: they have tried to cheer me up, to smother me with kindness and love, despite their own confusion. Yet still I can’t sleep and there have been some very dark moments.
My inner conflict contrasts with an outside world that has changed so very much for the better. Today, quite rightly, being gay is a reason to celebrate and be proud. Yes, I am feeling pain and confusion, but that comes only from the hurt that I am causing to my family.
Steph has been incredible – I love her so very much. She is the kindest soul I have ever met. My girls have been astonishing in their love, hugs and encouraging words of comfort. Both mine and Steph’s entire families have stunned me with their love, instant acceptance and support.
Of course they are worried about Steph but I know they will scoop us both us.
My friends are the best, especially Holly, who has been so kind and wise – and who has hugged me as I sobbed on her shoulder. At ITV, I couldn’t hope to work with more wonderful, supportive teams.
Every day on This Morning, I sit in awe of those we meet who have been brave and open in confronting their truth – so now it’s my turn to share mine. This will probably all come as something and I understand, but only by facing this, by being honest, can I hope to find peace in my mind and a way forward. Please be kind, especially to my family. Phillip’.
‘We’ve never had any secrets. It is tough but it’s not something that has happened quickly, I have had to deal with this in my head for quite some time, we’ve gone through this together, we have been honest and have been open and Stephanie as I said, you know’.
Quick to lavish praise on his wife, he said: ’She’s amazing, she’s incredible, there’s no one in my life who would have supported me. As a wife the way she’s supported me, she’s astonishing, literally astonishing, it’s a good questions, you know this has been bothered me for a very long time…
Breaking down: Quick to lavish praise on his wife, he said: ‘She’s amazing, she’s incredible there’s no one in my life’
‘Everyone does these things at their own speed in their own time when the time is right, there’s no question it has in recent times consumed my head, and has become an issue in my head, and so I got to the stage where I thought we sit here every day and I’m over there and some amazingly brave incredible person is sitting here and I’m listening to their story and thinking oh my God you’re so brave, and I’m thinking I have to be that person.
All you can be in your life is honest with yourself and I was getting to the point where I knew I wasn’t honest with myself I didn’t like myself very much, so when is the right time to do it? And you know as a family, you know it is the right time.’
Speaking about Holly, Phil said: ‘This is the sister I’ve never had.’ And speaking to the crew, he said: ‘I’m very proud of this unbelievable team, you are all amazing and I love you very much.’
Support network: Eamonn and Ruth were on hand to support the star as he revealed his news
- ‘Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air’ Reunion: Cast Talks Sitcom’s Trailblazing Impact, Pays Tribute To James Avery; Will Smith And Janet Hubert Settle 27-Year Feud
- Phillip Schofield comes out as gay: Married TV star, 57, breaks down during heartfelt revelation as he discusses causing 'guilt, pain and confusion to his family' after 27 years of marriage
- 'Drink? Dinner?' Phillip Schofield, 58, is asked out by Rev Richard Coles, 58, LIVE on radio as they get flirty while chatting about being 'gay in their middle years'
- What happened to Phillip Schofield's co-stars - broom cupboard and no longer speaking
- Phillip Schofield says his marriage to Stephanie is a 'work in progress' and admits he still has to 'come to terms' with his life after coming out as gay
- Retro wins! Classic Lego set beats its modern digital version as Phillip Schofield unveils the best festive toys on How To Spend It Well At Christmas - including £225 roller blades
- It's... Rebekah Vardy! WAG is the ninth star CONFIRMED for Dancing on Ice 2021... as she vows to 'clear her name' amid Coleen Rooney court battle
- Dancing on Ice's Holly Willoughby drops major bombshell about Didi Conn
- Myleene Klass cackles as she shows off her double-jointed elbows to her Dancing On Ice partner Łukasz Różycki's horror during rehearsal
- 'I will shade you': Madonna hits back at critics of her Prince tribute at Billboard Music Awards via social media
- 'This is exactly why Doves cry!' Madonna is savaged on social media for her Prince tribute at Billboard Music Awards with Stevie Wonder
- Prince Harry surprises Strictly Come Dancing viewers as he wishes JJ Chalmers good luck in his first UK TV appearance since Megxit... as Anton du Beke FINALLY gets his turn in the judges' chair
- Former President George W. Bush and his wife Laura lead surprise birthday tributes to their daughter Jenna Bush Hager on the Today show as she and her twin sister Barbara turn 39
- Strictly Come Dancing stars Katya Jones and Nicola Adams 'will return to sister show It Takes Two' following isolation period after pro dancer tests positive for COVID-19
- Dancing With The Stars: Kaitlyn Bristowe and pro partner Artem Chigvintsev win Mirrorball Trophy
- Secrets of the Strictly Blackpool ballroom - celeb's backstage rant and nicest stars
- Dancing with the Stars Season 22 Cast Announced
- Are these 'The Boys' on George Clooney's rich-list? Photo from star's wedding shows him alongside 13 pals after he confirmed giving $1million to 14 close friends
- 'Our kids had COVID symptoms but have tested negative': Holly Willoughby explains This Morning absence was due to a coronavirus scare with her 'very poorly' children
- Holly Willoughby returns to This Morning but fails to mention two day absence after revealing she had a coronavirus scare with her 'very poorly' children
'The cast are ridiculously proud of him': 'Dancing On Ice stars to pay tribute to Phillip Schofield' after he came out as gay have 2157 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 8, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.