Team leader of the joint mission between World Health Organization (WHO) and China on COVID-19, Bruce Aylward shows graphics during a press conference at the WHO headquarters in Geneva on February 25, 2020. Fabrice COFFRINI / AFP “It’s confirmed,” a spokeswoman for Switzerland’s federal health office told AFP, adding that more details about the case would be released later on Tuesday. The case was found in the Italian-speaking Ticino canton on the border with Italy, the canton said on its website announcing a press conference for 1600 GMT. Switzerland on Monday had said the country was in a state of “heightened vigilance” because of a surge in Italy. Prior to this case, the country had tested some 300 suspect cases that were all found to be negative. The government said on Monday that it had stepped up testing on patients with flu-like symptoms and was working to raise awareness at all border points. AFP
- Up to 12 People Buried Under Snow Following Avalanche in Switzerland - Reports
- Dilnot report case study: 'Successive governments have ignored care costs'
- India's state-run banks report frauds of over $13 bn in 6 months: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- More Than 120 Cases Of Lung Disease In 15 States Could Be Linked To Vaping
- Special Report: In a Muslim lawyer's murder, Myanmar's shattered dream
- Special Report: Double agents - How soccer clubs, players and advisers play the tax game
- Special Report: Ex-workers say U.S. military landlord falsified records to get bonuses
- Special Report: Air Force landlord falsified records to boost income, records show
- 13 Bihar government bodies yet to file their annual reports
- Special Report: How a soccer agent and Chinese tycoon planned to trade in players
Switzerland reports first case of COVID-19 have 284 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at February 26, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.