The Directorate of Vigilance and Anti Corruption (DVAC) officials caught a Special Deputy Collector (Stamps), who received a bribe of ₹50,000 from M. Ranjithkumar of Irumbuli village, Tiruvannamalai, for stamp duty evaluation of land registration.
Sources said S. Dhinakaran was caught red-handed near Sathuvachari, Vellore on Friday night with a large amount of cash including that received from Ranjithkumar .
Based on this incidence, the DVAC conducted a raid on his house in Thangal near Thiruvalam in Katpadi area, where ₹76.64 lakh, alleged bribe money accumulated by Dhinakaran over the years, was recovered.
Ranjithkumar had registered his ancestral land of 1.47 acre in August last year. The property was found to be undervalued by the Registrar and the case was referred to Deputy Collector (Stamps) for stamp duty evaluation. Dhinakaran asked Ranjithkumar, through his associate, to pay him ₹50,000 for the evaluation. DVAC sources said, Dhinakaran demanded that the amount be paid immediately, as he was transferred a couple of days ago.
Ranjithkumar agreed to pay the bribe, asking Dhinakaran to wait near an ATM near Vellore Collectorate on Friday night. Meanwhile, he informed the DVAC about the demand. Officials laid a trap and gave Ranjithkumar chemical-coated currency notes and waited near the spot for Dhinakaran, who was returning from Gudiyatham.
Dhinakaran came in a private vehicle driven by his confidant, Rameshkumar, picked up Ranjithkumar and received the money. Ranjithkumar was dropped off near Vellore bus stand. The DVAC team, which included inspectors S. Vijay, M. Rajinikanth, S. Mythili and S. Vijayalakshmi, chased the car, driving towards Sathuvachari, for about two kilometres before cornering it. The officials recovered ₹2.40 lakh unaccounted cash from the car.
Dhinakaran was produced before a court in Vellore on Saturday, which remanded him to judicial custody, DVAC sources said.
- Four MoC inspectors indicted for taking bribes
- CSMT head parcel clerk suspended for taking bribes
- Madhya Pradesh: HoD of govt medical college nabbed for taking bribe from MD final year student
- Special Report: In British PM race, a former Russian tycoon quietly wields influence
- Sagar Forest Ranger suspended for demanding bribe
- 2 UT traffic policemen dismissed for accepting ₹500 bribe
- Sachin Pilot demands ‘Re 1 and apology’ from MLA who alleged bribe offer to join BJP
- Technology, healthcare and government employees are biggest strength in crisis: Gaya District Collector Abhishek Singh
- Manimajra SHO bribery case: Special court issues notice to CBI on cop’s plea
- Caught on camera: Driver narrowly avoids a lorry as he leads police on 125mph chase in stolen car and is then caught by force helicopter's heat-seeking camera
- Mueller confronted Barr over characterization of special counsel's report
- Rosenstein jokes at DOJ conference: Tell Trump 'his favorite deputy attorney general was here'
- Deputy of a search and rescue unit in Mississippi county, 33, dies while saving his 10-year-old son from a rip current while vacationing in Florida
- ‘Arrange special classes for tribal students’
- Woman seen coughing on a baby at yogurt shop after social distancing argument is 'identified as special education teacher' as California school district slams 'despicable' incident
- Special assistance for self-employment projects
- Frozen's Kristen Bell to host Nickelodeon coronavirus special to help ease children's fears
- Banks need to raise, conserve capital in COVID-19 times, says former RBI deputy governor NS Vishwanathan
- ‘RS Interview: Special Edition’ With Jeff Bridges
- Kriti Sanon Birthday Special: 5 Stunning Photos Of The Actress That Will Brighten Up Your Drab Day
Special Deputy Collector caught for taking bribe have 538 words, post on www.thehindu.com at February 29, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.