Over the years, the community of more than 4.5 million Vietnamese people living abroad have become deeply assimilated into local political, economic, cultural and social life. Today more and more are returning to Vietnam to invest and do business as the country becomes more integrated into the world while recording significant socio-economic achievements. General Secretary and President Nguyen Phu Trong greets overseas Vietnamese at Ngoc Son Temple as part of the 2019 Homeland Spring programme. General Secretary and President Nguyen Phu Trong has affirmed that overseas Vietnamese, no matter where they are living, are always an inseparable part of the motherland, as President Ho Chi Minh once said “The motherland and government are always pining for the overseas compatriots as fathers and mothers miss their sons and daughters who are away from home. That is a natural human feeling, the love between people under the same roof.” Despite the challenges both at home and abroad, under the sound leadership of the Party and State, Vietnam has continued to grow over recent years and recorded many positive results in almost every aspect. The motherland and government are always pining for the overseas compatriots as fathers and mothers miss their sons and… Read full this story
- Ebola diary: 'We knew if Ebola takes root in Nigeria, all Africa will be on fire'
- Vietnamese Embassy in Belarus works on COVID-19 countermeasures
- Summer camp: young expats explore Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnamese students in Laos stay calm amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Vice President meets Overseas Vietnamese in Russia
- Vietnamese come home to seek more meaningful ventures
- Vietnamese doctors recover forgotten scissors from abdomen after 18 years
- Vietnamese communities abroad join hands in COVID-19 fight
- Overseas Vietnamese preserve traditional culture
- Obama-Era Homeland Security Secretary Says She Doesn't Know Who Speaks For Department Amid Pandemic: Report
Roots not forgotten as Vietnamese expats play a part in homeland’s development have 307 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at February 17, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.