A sweet dessert made from white yam and kudzu powder is an ideal option for summer. Photo dulichchuahuong.com Minh Thu Hương Pagoda festival attracts thousands of people and afterwards many return home carrying with them củ mài (white yam), a local specialty that’s as tasty as it is healthy. A popular dish in some northern and central provinces such as Lào Cai, Yên Bái, Thanh Hóa, Nghệ An and Hà Tĩnh, the place to real find the best yams is in the forest near the pagoda complex. Here, Hương Sơn Commune in Mỹ Đức District, is where you will find Hà Nội’s most famous yams. At first glance, white yams (Dioscorea persimilis) looks like cassava and sweet potatoes but much bigger. Its skin is rough and the texture inside has an ivory white. People can grow white yams in their gardens, but if you are looking for top quality, then head to the hills. “People harvest the white yam in spring and early summer, the best time to have the roots at highest nutrition and best taste,” said herbalist Tô Ấn Trà. “The roots contain mostly starch and can use the fresh or dry them to use in the future. “In traditional medicine, it’s called hoài sơn, people clean the roots, cut them… Read full this story
- CLS Holdings USA, Inc. (OTCQB: CLSH) (CSE: CLSH.U) Locks Up Acquisition of In Good Health, Inc.
- Rooted Offers New Plant-Based Dining Options on Campus
- Walmart offering flu shots, health screenings this weekend
- Greater Akron Chamber to offer new SummaCare health plan option to small businesses
- Whole Foods offering tips on health living, eating
- Baystate Medical Center to offer heart-vascular health lecture series
- Stand-alone photo: Good health bath
- 10-year-old missing Algiers boy found “in good health”: NOPD
- Patriots AFC Championship: Are the heavens offering a good omen for New England’s chances at Kansas City?
- Paul Klee: New Denver Broncos coach Victor Fangio never forgets his roots. Ask the good people of Dunmore, Pa.
Root offers delicacies for good health have 361 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 18, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.