LOS ANGELES (AP) — LeBron James scored 32 points, Anthony Davis recovered from an early injury scare to get 28 points and 13 rebounds, and the Los Angeles Lakers returned from the All-Star break with a 117-105 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies on Friday night.
Avery Bradley added 14 points for the Western Conference-leading Lakers, who finished strong after blowing most of their 25-point lead accumulated in a superb first half. Davis had 14 points and seven rebounds in the fourth quarter as Los Angeles improved to 42-12 with its fourth straight win since Feb. 6.
Josh Jackson scored a season-high 20 points for the Grizzlies, who have lost back-to-back games in California after heading into the All-Star break with eight wins in 10. Ja Morant added 17 points as Memphis dropped to 0-2 on its four-game West Coast trip, which matches its longest road stretch of the season.
Davis departed less than two minutes after the opening tip when he bruised his right calf on an opponent’s knee. The All-Star went to the locker room and missed the rest of the first quarter, but returned early in the second before scoring 24 points in the second half.
MAVERICKS 122, MAGIC 106
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Luka Doncic had 33 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists, leading Dallas to the victory.
Maxi Kleber added a career-high 26 points to help the Mavericks improve to 19-8 on the road. They won just 18 road games combined the last two seasons.
Kristaps Porzingis chipped in 24 points and 10 rebounds, and Tim Hardaway Jr., scored 16 points.
Evan Fournier led Orlando with 28 points. Nikola Vucevic had 27 points and 12 rebounds.
PELICANS 128, TRAIL BLAZERS 115
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Zion Williamson had 25 points for his seventh straight game with at least 20 points, and the Pelicans beat the short-handed Trail Blazers.
The No. 1 draft pick was playing in just his 11th game after a right knee injury sidelined him for the first half of the season. The Pelicans, who led by as many as 22 points, have won four of their last five games.
The Blazers were without Damian Lillard, who is expected to miss three or more games because of a groin injury.
CJ McCollum had 27 points and 10 assists in Portland’s third consecutive loss. Hassan Whiteside added 19 points and 12 rebounds.
RAPTORS 118, SUNS 101
TORONTO (AP) — Pascal Siakam had 37 points and 12 rebounds and Toronto beat Phoenix for its 16th victory in 17 games.
After Toronto’s franchise-record 15-game winning streak ended with a loss at Brooklyn in the final game before the All-Star break, the Raptors bounced back by starting the second half with their eighth consecutive home victory.
Devin Booker scored 21 points and DeAndre Ayton had 17 points and 10 rebounds for Phoenix. The Suns lost for the seventh time in nine games.
CELTICS 127, TIMBERWOLVES 117
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Gordon Hayward scored 29 points, Daniel Theis had career highs with 25 points and 16 rebounds and Boston held off Minnesota,
Jalen Brown scored 25 points and Jayson Tatum had 28 points and 11 rebounds as fellow All-Star Kemba Walker sat out because of a minor knee injury. Marcus Smart had 10 points and a season-high 10 assists as the primary point guard in Walker’s place, helping the Celtics win for the ninth time in last 10 games.
Malik Beasley scored 27 points for the Timberwolves. They have lost 16 of 17.
THUNDER 112, NUGGETS 101
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Chris Paul scored 29 points, Steven Adams had 19 points and 17 rebounds and Oklahoma City beat Denver.
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander added 11 points, nine rebounds and nine assists for the Thunder. They have won 11 of their past 14 games.
Nikola Jokic scored 32 points on 12-for-15 shooting for Denver. Jamal Murray added 21 points.
CAVALIERS 113, WIZARDS 108
WASHINGTON (AP) — Collin Sexton scored 14 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter and Cleveland rallied to win in its first game under interim coach J.B. Bickerstaff, beating Washington.
Cedi Osman added 16 points and Darius Garland had 15 to help the Cavaliers win back-to-back games for the first time since Jan. 9-11. After those wins, they lost 13 of 15 heading into the All-Star break, resulting in first-year head coach John Beilein’s resignation.
Bradley Beal had 26 points for Washington on 9-for-28 shooting. He was 1 of 10 from 3-point range on a night the Wizards shot 24% (9 of 37) from long range.
SPURS 113, JAZZ 104
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Dejounte Murray had 23 points and seven rebounds in San Antonio’s victory over Utah.
DeMar DeRozan added 18 points and seven assists for the Spurs.
Rudy Gobert had 18 points and 14 rebounds for the Jazz. Emmanuel Mudiay also scored 18 points.
PACERS 106, KNICKS 98
NEW YORK (AP) — T.J. Warren had 27 points and eight rebounds, leading Indiana past New York.
Domantas Sabonis added 24 points and 13 rebounds for the Pacers. They have won two straight after a six-game losing streak.
Bobby Portis scored 19 points for the Knicks.
More AP NBA: https://apnews.com/NBA and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
- LeBron James returns from injury to lead Lakers to overtime victory over Clippers
- Welsh jockey James Davies enjoys rare across-the-country double
- James Harden shines again as Houston Rockets overcome New Orleans Pelicans
- George inspires Thunder to victory over Lakers
- Los Angeles Lakers suffer LeBron James injury blow in Golden State Warriors win
- In-form James Harden stars as Rockets beat Celtics
- Love Island’s Amber Davies is more than qualified to take on country queen Dolly Parton’s hit musical 9 To 5
- Harden stars again with 57-point haul as Rockets defeat Grizzlies
- LeBron James and Lonzo Ball guide Los Angeles Lakers to comfortable victory
- Giannis Antetokounmpo fires Milwaukee Bucks past Houston Rockets
- James Harden claims career-high 61 points as Rockets blast Knicks
- The outrageous requests behind LA Lakers pulling out of Anthony Davis talks
- LeBron James apologizes for Instagram post
- Fans Abuzz as NBA Legend LeBron James Exits Game With Groin Injury (VIDEO)
- Anthony Davis' injury could allow Doncic to play in the All-Star game
- Jack Nicholson, 81, chows down on a burger and chips at Lakers game
- Stephen Curry leads Warriors to victory over Kings
- Ipswich runner Davies wins Snetterton 10K outright
- James Harden heroics leads Houston Rockets to victory over Golden State Warriors
- Big wins for Davies and Osman at Great Bentley Half-Marathon
James, Davis lead Lakers past Grizzlies 117-105 have 974 words, post on apnews.com at February 22, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.