Trade Increased health consciousness among consumers impacts FMCG market By Thanh Thom Wednesday, Feb 26, 2020,09:37 (GMT+7) Increased health consciousness among consumers impacts FMCG marketBy Thanh Thom Local consumers opt to order goods online amid the ongoing coronavirus outbreak – PHOTO: VNA HCMC – Vietnamese consumers prefer less physical contact with crowds amid the coronavirus outbreak, leading to a decline in shopping traffic with a larger basket size per trip, thus affecting the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) market. Market research firm Kantar Worldpanel conducted a nationwide consumer survey on Vietnamese consumers’ changing behavior and attitude during the outbreak. To stay safe and protect themselves, Kantar noted that locals are cutting down their spending on eating and drinking and other activities outside their homes. However, the FMCG segment for in-home consumption is expected to sustain growth. The consumption of household cleaners and personal hygiene will also pick up due to the increase in self-protectionism, including the use of hand washers, hand sanitizers, wet wipes, hand cream and lotion. Healthy foods, such as fruits and fruit juices, that help increase immunity are projected to see an upward trend. Consumers might also have a tendency to stock up on instant foods, such as instant noodles, frankfurters and… Read full this story
- FMCG names attempt to circumvent virus hurdles
- Shares may move sideways on increased selloff and profit taking
- RPT-Wall St Week Ahead-Health, tech, staples could shine through earnings gloom
- Neutral on Godrej Consumer Products, target price Rs 620: Motilal Oswal
- 'Market likely to find support at 12,000; movement of rupee & crude oil priced in'
- How Ashni Biyani, daughter of Kishore Biyani, is transforming the FMCG game
- Growth rate of FMCG stocks in FY21 will be way below long-term average: Kunal Vora
- HUL enters global top-15 FMCG league
- FMCG companies such as Heinz India, Perfetti Van Melle and Glaxo SmithKline Consumer entering new product segments for higher profits
- 2018 onward, we expect our profits to drive our growth: Ashni Biyani, Future Consumer
Increased health consciousness among consumers impacts FMCG market have 333 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at February 26, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.