Authorities in Ho Chi Minh City have proposed to the central government a plan to extend the current school break until the end of March to control the epidemic caused by the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
The municipal People's Committee has recently announced it is seeking approval from the government and the Ministry of Education and Training regarding its wish to prolong the break to the end of next month.
The break will be applied to students of all public kindergartens, schools, and universities in the southern metropolis.
If approved, this will be the fourth time the school break has been extended since February 3. The break was previously prolonged to the end of February.
According to the administration, the second semester of the 2019-20 school year in the city will run from April to July.
The novel coronavirus, officially named COVID-19 by the World Health Organization (WHO) on Tuesday, has killed 1,669 people and infected nearly 69,200 globally since it first surfaced in the Chinese city of Wuhan in December 2019, according to the South China Morning Post .
Vietnam has so far confirmed 16 cases of the viral infection, including 13 Vietnamese, one Vietnamese American, and two Chinese.
The two Chinese and the Vietnamese American previously tested positive for the virus in Ho Chi Minh City. Both Chinese patients have recovered and been released from the hospital as of Wednesday.
All 63 provinces and cities in Vietnam have decided to postpone reopening schools at all levels until February 29 amid the outbreak, following an urgent request by the Ministry of Education and Training.
- Ho Chi Minh City proposes PM to bring breakthrough to key projects
- Ho Chi Minh City courts US investment in new 'Eastern City'
- Ho Chi Minh City tracking passengers on two flights from Da Nang
- Ho Chi Minh City quarantines daughter, grandson of Da Nang's COVID-19 patient
- Ho Chi Minh City photo exhibition introduces Vietnam's 12 island districts
- Ho Chi Minh City tightens management of arrivals from Da Nang
- Ho Chi Minh City busts latest illegal entry case involving 8 Chinese
- Ho Chi Minh City proposes expanding lifespan of Saigon Centre IV and V
- 11 illegal Chinese found in Ho Chi Minh City condo
- Ho Chi Minh City archdiocese suspends community activities over COVID-19
- Ho Chi Minh City readies hospitals for possible new wave of COVID-19 cases
- Ho Chi Minh City again detects illegal Chinese immigrants
- Ho Chi Minh City decides to test all arrivals from Da Nang to stem coronavirus
- Vietnam’s latest coronavirus patient visits Ho Chi Minh City before becoming symptomatic
- Ho Chi Minh City isolates hotel where suspected coronavirus patients stayed
- Ho Chi Minh City chairman visits British COVID-19 patient in hospital
- Hospital in Ho Chi Minh City stops admitting patients over COVID-19 concerns
- HCMC basically completes Covid-19 financial assistance
- HCM City launches prevention campaign to combat COVID-19
- Asia-Pacific investment volumes in real estate fall due to COVID-19
Ho Chi Minh City plans to extend school break till April because of COVID-19 have 477 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at February 16, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.