The Labour ministry, in a notification dated February 20, 2020, has notified the restoration of full pension after 15 years of retirement for pensioners under the Employee Provident Fund (EPF) Scheme who have commuted part of their pension at the time of retirement. The move is expected to result in a substantial increase in pension for those Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) pensioners who retired before September, 26, 2008 and had opted for partial commutation of pension which is about 6.3 lakh pensioners. The higher/full pension benefit will be restored after 15 years from the date of receiving commuted pension at the time of retirement. As per Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS) rules, an EPFO member who retired before September 26, 2008 could get maximum one-third of his/her pension as lump-sum i.e. commuted pension and remaining two-thirds was paid as monthly pension to an employee for his/her lifetime. As per current EPF rules, EPFO members does not have an option to receive the commutation benefit. EPFO is an organisation that administers EPF and EPS schemes. The new notification dated February 20, 2020 will benefit such employees as it would lead to restoration of full (higher) pension after 15 years. Therefore, an… Read full this story
- MetLife charged with fraud for failing to pay pensions of ‘dead’ retirees
- Case Review: OtterBox Commuter For The DROID BIONIC
- Pensions are like a box of chocolates...
- L&G secures record £4.4bn British Airways pension deal
- Brazil's Bolsonaro proposes raising pension retirement age
- Stock Market Crashes Linked To Higher Rates Of Suicide – New Research
- Rahm Emanuel: Pay Off Chicago’s $28 Billion Pension with Casinos, Pot
- N.J. Public Pension Fund to Consider Divesting from Nike over Kaepernick Ad Campaign
- Putin signs bill that raises pension age in Russia
- City watchdog employs just 10 scam hunters as pensioners lose millions
Govt notifies higher pension for 6.3 lakh EPS pensioners who opted for commutation have 307 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at February 25, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.