Ahmedabad: Another cargo plane of the US Air Force landed at the Ahmedabad international airport on Saturday ahead of the February 24 visit of US President Donald Trump to the city.
The C-17 Globemaster cargo plane, fourth in the last few days, carried security equipment and a special vehicle that is likely to be part of Trump’s convoy, sources said.
The three cargo planes that had landed in recent days mainly carried various equipment for the US President’s security during his maiden visit.
Trump will arrive in Ahmedabad around noon on February 24 for a less that 36-hour visit to India. He will be accompanied by a high-level delegation including First Lady Melania Trump, daughter Ivanka Trump, son-in- law Jared Kushner and a galaxy of top US officials.
According to sources, the ‘Marine One’ helicopter of the US was part of the cargo which had landed a few days back.
After landing of the first C17 Globemaster on the last Monday carrying various equipment and an SUV, two more such cargo planes had landed in the last few days, they said.
One of the planes carried a giant SUV–White House Communications Agency (WHCA) Roadrunner–which could be part of Trump’s cavalcade during his 22-km long roadshow on February 24.
The WHCA Roadrunner, also known as the MC2V (mobile command and control vehicle), serves as the communications hub for the motorcade by encrypting duplex radio and streaming video, which in turn is beamed to a military satellite that sends the data back to the ground.
The US president will attend “Namaste Trump” event along with Prime Minister Narnedra Modi at newly-constructed Motera Stadium, which has a seating capacity for 1.10 lakh people.
More than 10,000 police personnel have been deployed as part of security arrangement for the programme and the road-show.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox – subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what’s happening in the world around you – in real time.
- Savannah plane crash: At least five people dead after military cargo plane comes down near airport
- Diamond and Silk: Who are the Donald Trump super-fans and why are they angry with Facebook?
- Syria bombing: Donald Trump defends saying 'mission accomplished' after torrent of criticism
- US Air Force orders 'hypersonic conventional strike weapon'
- Steele dossier: Donald Trump denounced the document as fake, but some of its contents have turned out to be true
- Donald Trump admits his Veterans Affairs nominee has 'lack of experience' but White House stands by him anyway
- Donald Trump shown trying to hold Melania's hand in supremely-awkward footage
- 'Remember sailor': Donald Trump tweets bizarre message to James Comey
- Donald Trump's ex doctor says office was 'raided' for medical files
- Donald Trump plans to visit UK 'this summer' in spite of anticipated protests
- US transfers first detainee from Guantanamo Bay under Donald Trump, Pentagon confirms
- Donald Trump and Emmanuel Macron have fostered a relationship that Britain can only envy – but it might not last
- Donald Trump wants to review documents seized from Michael Cohen's office before investigators see them
- Donald Trump to 'meet the Queen' during UK visit
- China vows to fight US 'at any cost' after Donald Trump threatens $100bn trade tariffs
- Donald Trump’s allies concerned Russia investigators seized private recordings in raid on lawyer Michael Cohen’s office
- Tapes purport to show Donald Trump ‘exaggerating own wealth' to get on Forbes 400 list
- Donald Trump suggests Mueller's Russia investigation is illegal in late night Twitter rant
- Donald Trump could face subpoena to appear before Russia probe grand jury, warns Robert Mueller
- 'Get Ready Russia': Donald Trump Is Stuck In The Syrian Quagmire
Fourth US Air Force Cargo Plane Lands at Ahmedabad Airport Ahead of Donald Trump’s Visit have 612 words, post on www.news18.com at February 22, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.