The first cloned cows in Vietnam are expected this year under a project implemented by Prof Nguyen Van Thuan and his co-workers.
Thuan is known as the master in cellular differentiation, who refused professorship in South Korea and returned to Vietnam to work as a lecturer at the HCM City International University, a member school of the HCM City National University.
Prof Nguyen Van Thuan and his co-worker
With advanced farming technique and crossbreeding technologies, the two countries successfully created cows with high economic value, and have been exporting the cows to other countries, including Vietnam.
|With advanced farming technique and crossbreeding technologies, the two countries successfully created cows with high economic value, and have been exporting the cows to other countries, including Vietnam.|
Thuan said he becale familiar with the technologies during his study and research overseas for many years. He studied reproductive biotechnology, cellular differentiation and animal cloning in 1994 in Japan.
In 2007, in South Korea he both taught and learned the technique for creating transgenic animals.
Gene analysis is the use of DNA (Deoxyribo Nucleic Acid) in the cells of human body to identify genetic factors such as physical conditions and disease risk in each person.
Digital technology will be the key for Vietnam to realise the target of growing into a powerful nation with a thriving economy over the next quarter of a century.
- Foreign ownership in VN expected to climb
- VN expects fair ruling on AO
- VN expect tournament triumph
- VN expects further education links with Australia
- VN expects to introduce swine flu vaccine in 6 months
- VN expects Japan to increase ODA
- VN expects a fruitful and comprehensive cooperation with EU
- VN expects better international integration
- VN expects to become world's top animal food exporter
- VN expects to produce 41 mln tonnes of rice this year