Rice is loaded at Saigon Port in HCM City. With the ratification of the EU-Việt Nam Free Trade Agreement, Việt Nam can export 80,000 tonnes of rice a year with a zero tax rate to the EU. VNA/VNS Photo Đình Huệ HÀ NỘI — The new trade agreement between Việt Nam and the European Union opens many doors for agriculture, according to experts. Nguyễn Đỗ Anh Tuấn, director of the Department of International Cooperation, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development said the newly-ratified EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) offers plenty of opportunities. He said as the EU imports about US$150 billion agricultural products each year so the EVFTA would open up a potential market for the local export agricultural products. Tuấn told a discussion hosted by the Government Electronic Portal on the EVFTA in Hà Nội yesterday that: “There is room for Vietnamese agricultural products.” Agreeing with Tuấn, chairman of Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) Vũ Tiến Lộc said: “The EU is a large market with the world’s leading purchasing powers and the EVFTA Agreement marks a new phase for Việt Nam with favourable conditions for the local enterprises, including the agriculture firms, to… Read full this story
- Global Selenium-rich Agricultural Products Market 2019 Share, Trend, Segmentation and Forecast to 2024
- Chance of Localized Urban Flooding With Weekend Storm
- System brings chances for strong storms, isolated tornadoes to large part of state
- Audiences invited to take chance on Ziegfeld's production of 'Mamma Mia!'
- UA Science Cafés bring science to local venues
- Library to Present Local Agriculture Expo
- System brings chances for strong storms, isolated tornadoes to large part of state, forecasters say; cold air on the way
- First year at Mac: second semester brings new challenges
- San Jose State brings formidable challenge to Air Force despite winless conference record
- Central Florida Top Brewer Beer Festival challenges local breweries to put their skills to the test
EVFTA brings chances and challenges to local agricultural production have 340 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 15, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.