Truong Giang has seen sales plummet at his 16 restaurant chain outlets in Ho Chi Minh City, and knows he has to do something to keep things going. “If the customers won’t come to us, we’ll go to them,” he says. Giang has seen the number of customers at his Otoke Chicken chain drop 30-50 percent following the Covid-19 outbreak. His company has begun prioritizing takeaways and delivery, offering free shipping for orders over VND150,000 ($6.5) to all districts in Vietnam’s largest city. Giang is among many entrepreneurs in Vietnam who are trying different things to save their business from succumbing to the slowdown that has followed the outbreak, severely denting sales and revenues. Major tour company Saigontourist has announced discounts of up to 50 percent for its tour packages from March to May in one of its largest campaigns ever. Vietnamese carriers who have estimated epidemic wrought losses of VND10 trillion ($430.5 million), have been significantly lowering ticket prices to attract passengers. National flag carrier Vietnam Airlines now offers Hanoi-HCMC tickets from VND589,000 ($25) onwards, 60 percent lower than its usual rates. Budget carriers like Vietjet, Jetstar Pacific and Bamboo Airways have also lowered fares on what was the… Read full this story
- STV marks 60 years in the business
- UK online pharmacies accused of 'aggressive' tactics to sell opiates
- Gratitude As A Business Strategy
- Tactical Transparency and Organized Authenticity
- NBA has ‘no plans’ to alter Rookie of the Year rules amid Simmons-Mitchell debate
- Caleb Joseph on Orioles amid disastrous season: 'We suck'
- European shares flat amid trade woes; plastics packager RPC gains
- Machado swarmed by reporters amid rampant trade rumors
- Rodgers' transfer business is not good enough for Celtic, slams Hoops hero
- Will Ed Orgeron Survive at LSU? Fired Odds High Entering 2018 Season
Businesses adopt survival tactics amid epidemic have 302 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at February 27, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.