Ministries seek new export markets for farm produce The Lao Cai International Border Gate (Photo: tuyengiao.vn) Authorities in China’s Guangxi province have decided to extend the closure of border gates and continue to suspend the trading of goods by individuals until the end of February due to the new coronavirus (Covid-19) threat, according to the Consulate General of Vietnam in Guangxi province. The Ministry of Industry and Trade (MoIT) also said that authorities in Yunnan province have so far released no official information on this issue, but due to the continuing threat of the Covid-19 epidemic, they are likely to make the same decision. Individual trade at border markets is still the main way of exporting some of Vietnam’s farm produce to China, including dragon fruits and watermelons. Therefore, this decision is expected to have a significant impact on exporting these agricultural products to the neighbouring country, according to the MoIT. The MoIT and the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) recently issued warnings about the problem. The two ministries have proposed local businesses regulate the volume of exported dragon fruits and watermelons via individuals at the border markets and increase exports under contracts. The batches of agricultural products… Read full this story
- Snake slithers out of car's air vent as Virginia woman is driving
- What really happened to the 1,500 immigrant children the Trump administration 'lost'?
- Police: Texas student fatally shoots self at school
- Workers can't be compelled to pay labor groups if they're not members
- Gennady Golovkin, ‘Canelo’ Alvarez agree to rematch
- The Week Ahead: Focus on oil price and full Cabinet line-up
- Josh Brolin Fears the Summer of Josh Brolin
- Recasting the History of Pro Hockey’s Indigenous Players
- Friday Heat Spike
- Austin July Events Guide
BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 13 have 304 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at February 13, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.