Avalon Hill has announced a new spinoff of their popular Betrayal series of games, this time featuring Scooby Doo and his friends. Earlier today, Avalon Hill announced Betrayal at Mystery Mansion, a new tabletop board game starring Scooby, Shaggy, Velma, and the rest of the Mystery, Inc. gang. Three to five players will attempt to brave 25 haunts inspired by classic Scooby Doo episodes and movies. Once players collect enough clues, the Haunt begins, and one player takes on the role of the Monster trying to capture or scare the gang away. Will Scooby and his friends unmask the villain, or will the Monster successfully complete whatever nefarious scheme they have planned?
Betrayal at Mystery Mansion is a spinoff of Betrayal at House on the Hill, a popular game involving players investigating a mansion. The board shifts each game, leading to different haunts and monsters appearing, each with their own strategies and goals. Only by working together can the players hope to overcome the Haunt, who usually has a critical weakness that needs to be uncovered.
Originally released in 2004, Betrayal at House on the Hill has become a perennial favorite for tabletop fans. The game has immense replayability and has spawned several new editions, including the D&D-themed Betrayal at Baldur’s Gate and 2018’s hit Betrayal Legacy, which integrated a storyline and legacy aspects to the game.
Betrayal at Mystery Mansion will hit game stores on May 15th, which coincidentally is the same day that the new movie SCOOB! comes out in theaters. You can get a first look at the game down below:
Did you know ComicBook.com has a Pokemon podcast? That’s right folks, A Wild Podcast Has Appeared is available every Thursday bringing you the best breakdowns of the week’s biggest news from Jim Viscardi, Megan Peters & Christian Hoffer. Catch the newest episode right here or subscribe on iTunes today!
Disclosure: ComicBook is owned by CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS.
- Chris Paul to appear in upcoming ‘Scooby Doo’ episode
- Online gaming hits its groove
- Geek And Sundry TableTop Breaks Crowdfunding Records
- The Honey Chrome extension: An example of what's new and better
- This week in games: Destiny "accidentally" pops up on Steam, Civilization goes tabletop, and Animal Farm gets a game adaptation
- The 15 best upcoming PC games of 2017, and their release dates
- PC vs. Console Gaming: Which Should You Choose?
- Divinity: Original Sin II adds split-screen multiplayer, a rarity for PC games
- Judge Dredd game bringing the law to iPad
- Chemicals: The New “Food”
- Are Social Media Giants Betraying Your Trust?
- Two Nintendo Switch Games Launch This Week
- New Nintendo Switch Game Releases
- The Best Video Game RPGs Of 2014 And Beyond
- Game Of Thrones Season 4 Episode 3 Has Sex And Violence
- Game Of Thrones Season 4, Episode 9 Reviewed: This Means War
- Game Of Thrones Trial By Fire Recap
- Rusty Lake: Roots review: A grim sequel for one of 2016's best gaming surprises
- Wireless charging from 30 feet away -- does startup have a game changer?
- Game Of Thrones Season 4, Episode 8 Reviewed
Betrayal Comes for Scooby Doo in New Tabletop Game have 503 words, post on comicbook.com at February 24, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.