All household items are covered in flies due to pollution from a nearby landfill, affecting the environment and people’s lives in Chợ Đồn District, Bắc Kạn Province. — Photo vov.vn BẮC KẠN — Environmental pollution has affected dozens of households living near a landfill with huge mounds of stinking rubbish in Chợ Đồn District, northern Bắc Kạn Province. Over the past two months, 60 families in Bản Tàn Village, Bằng Lũng Township suffered noxious odours and swarms of flies, turning their lives upside down. Every day, residents were forced to buy sticky fly paper, but were unable to get rid of the menace, residents said. “Flies are everywhere in the house. Residents have to keep their doors closed all day. We can only buy sticky sheets to kill the flies,” said Hoàng Thị Phương, a resident. “Spraying chemicals will affect the health of the whole family, especially children.” Hoàng Lương Triệu, a village official, said flies were present before the Lunar New Year festival due to the landfill, but recently the problem had gotten worse. The workers who were in charge of handling rubbish had quit their jobs before Tết (Lunar New Year) but the rubbish was still discharged every day, leading to… Read full this story
- Why world leaders are eating 'landfill salad' and cucumber-butt pickles
- Israeli Public Broadcaster Kan To Remake British Format ‘Old People’s Home for 4 Year Olds’ – INTV
- Jonathan Cheban flies into LA to shoot scenes for KUWTK
- TOM UTLEY: My son was ready to fly the nest until... Computer says no
- Coronation Street: Carla Connor 'to suffer a mental breakdown'
- Fly-tippers hijack community litter-pick
- Barry Geraghty OUT of Grand National - who will replace jockey on Anibale Fly at Aintree?
- Couple who left their high-flying careers to sail around the world
- Man launches flying kick at girl's face during London Post Malone gig
- Man flies homemade HOVERCRAFT along a bay as stunned spectators watch
Bắc Kạn residents suffer influx of flies due to landfill have 347 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 14, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.