Vietnamese Defense Minister General Ngo Xuan Lich chaired the meeting which was also attended by the Secretary General of ASEAN Lim Jock Hoi. Addressing the event, General Lich emphasized that this was the first time the two sides have held a meeting to exchange their viewpoints on regional security and to strengthen their defense cooperation. He conveyed his deep condolences to families of victims of forest fires in Australia and highly valued Australian government’s and military’s wildfire recovery efforts, which has helped local people cope with the disaster and resume their normal lives. Vietnamese Defense Minister Ngo Xuan Lich Vietnamese Defense Minister also reviewed the ASEAN-Australia relationship. Accordingly, the two sides established their relations in 1974 and upgraded it to a strategic partnership in 2014. Australia is now an important partner of ASEAN in different fields and has made significant contributions to ASEAN-led cooperative mechanisms in the region. ASEAN attaches importance to expanding its ties with Australia, which was specified by an action plan to realize the ASEAN-Australia Strategic Partnership, General Lich stressed. Regarding the defense cooperation in the framework of ASEAN, the meeting’s chair thanked Australia for its contributions in the past, especially via groups of experts within the… Read full this story
- Australia and France tied at 2-2 in Fed Cup final, after Ash Barty loses and Ajla Tomljanovic wins
- Cricket Australia rain rule tied umpires' hands for Sydney T20I
- Vietnam attaches importance to developing all-around partnership with US
- U.S., Australia pledge stronger ties on economy, security
- RoK reaffirms commitment to beefing up ties with ASEAN, Eurasian nations
- Malcolm Turnbull: Six moments that defined Australia's ex-PM
- Australia: Coup capital of the democratic world
- What does Australia need from Trump's US?
- Victoria has high hopes of becoming cannabis bowl of Australia
- Australia spied on Indonesia talks with US law firm in 2013
Australia attaches importance to its ties with ASEAN have 317 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at February 21, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.