On the National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange, soybean for March delivery rose by Rs 16, or 0.42 per cent, to Rs 3,788 per quintal with an open interest of 1,05,360 lots.
Soybean for April delivery gained Rs 18, or 0.48 per cent, to Rs 3,750 per quintal with an open interest of 1,11,285 lots.
Market players said raising of fresh positions by speculators on the back of higher demand mainly led to rise in soybean prices.
Refined soya oil prices on Thursday gained 0.46 per cent to Rs 786.4 per 10 kg in futures trade after speculators widened their holdings in line with positive spot demand.
On the National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange, refined soya oil for March delivery moved up by Rs 3.6, or 0.46 per cent, to Rs 786.4 per 10 kg in 38,555 lots.
Similarly, refined soya oil for April delivery edged up by Rs 2.6, or 0.33 per cent, to Rs 785.2 per 10 kg in 18,275 lots.
Analysts said widening of positions by traders mainly helped refined soya oil prices to trade higher in futures market here.
Guar seed prices on Thursday rose by Rs 44 to Rs 3,648 per 10 quintal in futures trade after speculators increased their positions driven by a firm trend at spot market.
On the National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange, guar seed for March contracts rose by Rs 44, or 1.22 per cent, to Rs 3,648 per 10 quintal with an open interest of 53,645 lots.
Similarly, guar seed for April delivery gained Rs 40, or 1.1 per cent, to Rs 3,674 per 10 quintal with an open interest of 31,605 lots.
According to marketmen, raising of bets by speculators tracking a firm trend in spot market on thin supplies from growing belts mainly led to rise in guar seed prices here.
Mustard seed prices on Thursday dropped by Rs 4 to Rs 4,003 per quintal in futures trade as speculators cut down their positions on subdued demand.
On the National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange, mustard seed contracts for April delivery fell by Rs 4, or 0.10 per cent, to Rs 4,003 per quintal in a business turnover of 17,850 lots.
Mustard seed contracts for delivery in May declined by Rs 4, or 0.10 per cent, to Rs 4,027 per quintal in a business turnover of 4,630 lots.
Marketmen said offloading of positions by participants following a weak trend in spot market mainly led to fall in mustard seed prices.
Guar gum prices on Thursday gained Rs 52 to Rs 6,090 per five quintal in futures trade as speculators increased their holdings on spot demand.
On the National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange, guar gum contracts for March delivery traded higher 0.86 per cent, or Rs 52, to Rs 6,090 per five quintal with an open interest of 31,075 lots.
Likewise, the contracts for delivery in April surged by Rs 62, or 1.02 per cent, to Rs 6,167 per five quintal as open interest stood at 29,900 lots.
Analysts said after tracking firm physical market trend, traders raised their bets which led to rise in guar gum prices.
Cottonseed oil cake prices on Thursday eased by Rs 8 to Rs 1,550 per quintal in futures trade as participants reduced their bets amid a weak trend in spot market.
Market players said sell-off by participants at existing levels amid subdued trend in market mainly weighed on cottonseed oil cake prices.
On the National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange, cottonseed oil cake to be delivered in March fell by Rs 8, or 0.51 per cent, to Rs 1,550 per quintal with an open interest of 86,340 lots.
Cottonseed oil cake for delivery in April fell by Rs 7, or 0.44 per cent, to Rs 1,570 per quintal in 34,680 lots.
Coriander prices on Thursday fell by Rs 9 to Rs 5,841 per quintal in futures trade as speculators trimmed their positions tracking weak demand in spot market.
On the National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange, coriander contracts for April eased by Rs 9, or 0.15 per cent, to Rs 5,841 per quintal in 7,210 lots.
Similarly, the spice for delivery in May traded lower by Rs 28, or 0.48 per cent, to Rs 5,817 per quintal in 1,240 lots.
Market analysts said subdued demand in spot market mainly led to decline in coriander prices here.
- Oil prices steady, give up gains as economic gloom dims demand prospects
- A Cloudy Future For Big Oil And Energy Sector
- Oil edge up but still set for big weekly loss on demand worries
- Dollar to enter 2020 on a strong footing, no contender in sight: Reuters poll
- Oil spikes $25 a barrel on anxiety over US bailout
- Oil surpasses $126 per barrel ahead of U.S. driving season
- Oil extends its slide on signs of demand slowdown
- Oil prices pass $134 after report of supply drop
- Oil prices rise ahead of news from OPEC meeting in Algeria
- Oil prices drop as dollar strengthens
- Global stocks mixed amid economy worries
- In a Sated Oil Market, Saudi Arabia Attack Sinks Without Trace
- Oil ends little changed after touching near two-month lows
- Oil slips further below $58 as economic gloom weighs
- METALS-Rising trade fears drag copper to 4th day of losses
- Howes: As GM gains credibility, shares find market mojo
- Oil reaches landmark $102 per barrel as economy slows
- Stocks tumble from 13-month highs amid concerns that Dubai's debt could derail economic recovery
- Stocks tumble amid concerns that global economy weak, may hurt U.S. labor market
- Oil prices soar to record levels
Agri Commodities: Soybean, soya oil gain in futures trade amid strong demand have 856 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at February 27, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.