|The quarantine area in Binh Tan district is ready although no suspected case of COVID-19 has been reported in the locality|
There have only been three cases of COVID-19 detected in the southern metropolis, of which two have fully recovered.
There remains one suspected case with the test results pending, while a further 29 suspected cases tested negative for the COVID-19, the centre stated.
A total of 15 out of 44 people who came into close contact with the three infected cases have had their strict monitoring ended, whilst a further 18 cases were put into isolation and 11 additional cases have been isolated at home.
At present, 2,588 people entering HCM City have been strictly monitored for symptoms of the COVID-19. Of the figure, 2,521 people have been isolated at home, whilst 30 people have been put into quarantine areas, with a further 37 cases having their monitoring ended.
Binh Tan district authorities have also made moves to strictly monitor 500 people who entered the locality from other places aside from Wuhan in China.
In response to the COVID-19 epidemic, local authorities have been co-ordinating alongside relevant units to deliver approximately 69,000 free medical masks to local citizens.
In addition, medical workers have also been spraying disinfectant throughout 20 apartments and 10 markets in Binh Tan district, while the district’s treatment and isolation areas have been equipped with 110 beds as a means of coping with any scenario that the epidemic may bring.
Moreover, the locality is poised to set up a concentrated isolation area that contains over 100 beds in case there is a need to admit more patients.
- Telangana deploys COVID-19 monitoring system app
- New app to enable people to stay away from COVID-19 patients
- Thane: 20 policemen quarantined after accused tests COVID-19 positive
- Releasing people who have recovered from COVID-19 back into the general population could reduce the rate of transmission and protect the vulnerable by providing 'shield immunity', study claims
- Sealing areas with higher Covid-19 cases or 2-day work week with lockdown can contain virus, shorten epidemic duration: Analysis
- Vitamin, zinc tablets for high-risk group in Pune rural areas to fight Covid-19
- New York City COVID-19 death toll may be worse than official tally, says CDC report
- Rwandan police arrest 1,400 people in capital for violating COVID-19 curfew
- South Sudan Lifts COVID-19 Restrictions Despite Rise in Cases
- HCM City tourism sector seeks to recover from COVID-19 epidemic
- Overcrowding, Unhygienic Conditions Causing Quick Spread of COVID 19 in Prisons, UN Says
- 'It's Gone Haywire': When COVID-19 Arrived in Rural America
- Russia to Ease Shutdown Amid Steady Growth of COVID-19 Cases
- Hospitals Treating COVID-19 in Mexican Capital Quickly Filling Up
- Whether It's Plague or COVID-19, Contact Tracing is Key
- How Contact Tracers Could Help Control COVID-19
- Warmer Weather May Slow, Not Stop, COVID-19
- Country-to-Country Bubbles: a New Way to Travel in Asia after COVID-19
- Will Warmer Weather Slow COVID-19 Spread?
- China Reports Spike in New COVID-19 Cases
2,588 people put into quarantine areas in HCM City for COVID-19 monitoring have 459 words, post on english.vov.vn at February 13, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.