New Delhi: The year 2020 should be the year of implementation of the bilateral decisions taken by India and Russia last year, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Wednesday.
Modi made these remarks when Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov called on him, a statement from the Prime Minister’s Office said.
During their interaction, Lavrov briefed the Prime Minister on his country’s position on key international and regional issues. Lavrov is in Delhi to participate in the ‘Raisina Dialogue’.
“The Prime Minister noted that several important decisions and outcomes were reached between the two countries in 2019. He suggested that the year 2020, which is also the 20th anniversary year of the establishment of strategic partnership between India and the Russian Federation, should be the year of implementation of those decisions’,” the statement said.
Lavrov conveyed that President Putin looked forward to the visit of the Prime Minister Modi to Russia in May 2020 to participate in the 75th anniversary celebration of the Victory Day, and in July 2020 for the BRICS and SCO Summits.
The Prime Minister welcomed the fact that he would get multiple occasions this year to meet Putin, and said he also looked forward to hosting the Russian President for the annual bilateral summit later this year in India.
During the interaction, Modi referred to the wide-ranging conversation he had with Putin over telephone on January 13, and noted the progress in the Special and Privileged Strategic Partnership between the two countries in the previous year.
Later, a delegation consisting of ministers from various nations attending the Raisina Dialogue met the Prime Minster.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox – subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what’s happening in the world around you – in real time.
- EAM S Jaishankar to meet Russian Foreign Minister SV Lavrov on Wednesday night
- Russian Foreign Minister Says Cooperation With U.S. Requires Honesty, 'Mutual Respect'
- Foreign Minister Bui Thanh Son to visit Russia
- Chinese President Xi Jinping writes to PM Modi, offers help and assistance to fight COVID-19 surge
- PM Modi condoles death of Philipose Mar Chrysostom
- Antony Blinken Wants U.S., Russia to Have 'More Stable' Relationship Ahead of Foreign Minister Meeting
- Russia's Foreign Minister Shrugs Off Concerns of Military's Arctic Expansion: 'It's Our Territory'
- Chinese foreign minister puts forward suggestions for BRICS cooperation
- PM Modi holds virtual summit with Boris Johnson: UK PM announces 1 billion pounds worth of trade, investment
- Maldives' foreign minister Abdulla Shahid elected president of UN General Assembly
- PM Modi, President Xi perfectly capable of solving Indo-Sino ties: Putin
- PM Modi to hold virtual summit with British counterpart Boris Johnson on Tuesday
- Free vaccination for all above 18 announces PM Modi in address to nation
- Uddhav Thackeray to meet PM Modi in Delhi tomorrow
- Foreign ministers satisfied with development trend in Vietnam-Cambodia ties
- News 18 Afternoon Digest: Dinesh Trivedi to Join BJP Today; Remove PM Modi's Photo,EC Tells Health Ministry and Other Stories
- TRIPS Waiver, Stress on International Solar Alliance: Key Takeaways from PM Modi's Address at G7 Sessions
- India Offers What Innovators And Investors Need: PM Modi Invites World To Invest
- Vietnamese and Russian defense ministers hold talks
- Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa arrives in New Delhi on two-day visit, to meet PM Modi on November 29
'Year to Implement Bilateral Decisions': PM Modi Tells Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov have 542 words, post on www.news18.com at January 15, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.