CAIRO, Jan. 21 (Xinhua) — The World Bank has financed nearly 450,000 small projects in Egypt, the Ministry of Trade and Industry said Tuesday.
“These projects offered more than 640,000 jobs nationwide,” said a ministry statement.
Meanwhile, Nevine Gamea, head of the Egyptian ministry, revealed that an agreement to finance small projects worth 200 million U.S. dollars was signed with the World Bank during her meeting with its delegation on Tuesday.
Egypt is keen on building successful partnership with the World Bank to achieve the objectives of the 2030 Sustainable Development pushed by its economic reforms launched in 2016.
The current cooperation portfolio between Egypt and the World Bank is estimated at 8 billion dollars, said a statement by the Egyptian cabinet on Friday.
Egypt’s economy has been battered by years of turmoil following the 2011 popular uprising that toppled former President Hosni Mubarak.
However, the country has recently shown signs of economic improvement amid strict reforms, including tax hikes and energy subsidy cuts recommended by the International Monetary Fund that supports Egypt’s economic reform plan with a 12-billion-dollar loan.
- Readout of World Bank's First Regional Summit for the Women Entrepreneurs Finance Initiative
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701 — The project equity morass
- Malawi: African Development Bank boosts cyclone response with emergency relief package and measures to combat climate change
- City to unleash millions in tax credits for ‘signature’ projects
- 16 child predators, including a cop and a minister, used apps such as Kik and Skout to lure teens, New Jersey AG says
- Palestinian minister returns over $80,000 in secret bonuses
- Lobaki closes financing through North Mississippi Angel Fund
- Iceland is preparing for a world with less ice
- G-7 finance chiefs issue stark warning about Facebook’s Libra
- Choose the Best Small Business Loan for your Needs
- Egypt says it will participate in Trump's peace workshop
- Israel's prime minister Netanyahu crosses the red line
- In Sissi's Egypt, It Is Always 1984
- Kenya's finance minister denies fraud charges in dam project
- Doors open on two Avesta projects that reuse historic buildings
- Nicaragua warns banks of sanctions if they join strike
- Kenya's finance minister arrested to be charged with fraud
- Can Small Business Survive in the World of Big Cannabis?
- Nigeria: African Development Bank approves US$70 million loan for Ebonyi State road
- Why Trump Wants to Block Deutsche Bank From Sharing His Financial Records
World Bank finances 450,000 small projects in Egypt: minister have 365 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at January 21, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.