DONALD Trump addressed world leaders and CEOs in a speech during the first day of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
We explain what he said and how you can watch it. Here’s what we know.
What did Donald Trump say?
The US President boasted that the US is “winning again like never before” during his speech.
Trump also told the audience he has never been more confidence about his country’s future.
He told the conference: “America’s new found prosperity is unprecedented. I see such tremendous potential for the future. We have not even started.
“Tremendous wealth is pouring into areas that for 100 years saw nothing.
“We’ve regained our stride, rediscovered our spirit, and reawakened the powerful machinery of American enterprise.”
The special address can be watched here.
Did Donald Trump attend last year?
The US president did not attend Davos last year because the government was still shut down.
He tweeted on January 10, 2019: “Because of the Democrats intransigence on Border Security and the great importance of Safety for our Nation, I am respectfully cancelling my very important trip to Davos, Switzerland for the World Economic Forum.
“My warmest regards and apologies to the @WEF.”
It was previously thought that Treasury Secretary Steven Munchin would have attended.
However, press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement: “Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure his team can assist as needed, President Trump has cancelled his Delegation’s trip to the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.”
When is Davos 2020?
The World Economic Forum will be held from January 21 until January 24.
For nearly 50 years, world business and political leaders have headed to the small Swiss village to discuss the future of the global economy with the collective mission statement of the organising body, the WEF, to “improve the state of the world”.
MOST READ IN WORLD NEWS
Schumacher is ‘very deteriorated and not how we remember him’, surgeon claims
Full horror of Auschwitz laid bare in harrowing colourised pics
Heartbreaking last words of boy, 17, to mum before being decapitated in gang hit
Inside La Catrina’s bloodthirsty cartel where bodies are hung from bridges
STARVING TO DEATH
Emaciated lions living in horror conditions at world’s worst zoo in Sudan
China virus ‘reaches Oz’ as man is tested for bug amid global contagion fears
Who else is speaking the World Economic Forum?
Greta Thunberg, the teen climate activist will also be giving a few speeches.
Angela Merkel, the German Chancellor, will give a special address on Thursday.
On the final day of the World Economic Forum Chancellor Sajid Javid will give a talk about the global economic outlook.
- What did Donald Trump say about Kyle Rittenhouse?
- Donald Trump says he will designate Mexican drug cartels as terrorist organizations over their role in drug smuggling and human trafficking
- Donald Trump says the ten most dangerous cities in the United States are run by Democrats as he prepares to deliver the closing speech at the RNC and hammer home his message of law and order
- Joe Biden will defeat Donald Trump, says historian who has correctly predicted every presidential contest since 1984
- Donald Trump says he will fly to see Hurricane Laura's devastation at weekend after FEMA briefing on impact - which he brought son Eric to
- Donald Trump says the White House is investigating a plane 'loaded with thugs in black uniforms' who traveled to the RNC intent on doing 'big damage' and claims rioters are being funded by some 'very stupid rich people'
- 'A monarchy in disguise.' Robert Redford launches furious attack on 'dictator-like' Donald Trump saying he is a threat to 'our sacred rule of law' - but does NOT back impeachment
- Donald Trump says he believes former chief of staff John Kelly is behind claims he called dead troops 'losers' and 'suckers' as he attacks the gold star father for getting 'eaten alive' and being 'unable to function' in his White House
- Donald Trump says India 2nd largest country to conduct Covid-19 tests after US
- Donald Trump says US probing ‘plane load of thugs in black uniforms’ who flew into DC to cause ‘big damage’ at RNC
- 'Protesters, Your Ass,' Donald Trump Says About Demonstrations After RNC
- Joe Biden, aiming at Donald Trump, says he won’t use military as ‘prop’
- Donald Trump says US doesn’t know if Russia’s Navalny was poisoned
- Donald Trump Says Big 10 Football Returning Is ‘On The One Yard Line’ After Talking With Commissioner Kevin Warren
- Republican leaders rally behind Trump, say Biden no longer has any principles
- Estimated Four Thousand Boats Join Pro-Donald Trump ‘Great American Boat Parade’ in Georgia
- Donald Trump ordered 'tanks and choppers, make it look like North Korea' for his inauguration with helicopter takeoff from Trump Tower, while Ivanka wanted ball with Leonardo DiCaprio, new book claims
- Donald Trump assails rival Joe Biden, accepting the Republican nomination for second White House term
- ‘Donald Trump a toxic presence in our nation for 4 years’: Joe Biden
- Louisiana Sheriffs' Association Makes Its First-Ever Presidential Endorsement for Donald Trump
What did Donald Trump say at Davos 2020 and how can I watch it? have 856 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 21, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.