Pawsitive of the University of Engineering and Technology under the Vietnam National University, Hanoi excellently surpassed rivals to gain the first place at the ASEAN Student Contest on Information Security 2020’s qualifier on October 31.
The contest, jointly held by the Vietnam Information Security Association (VNISA), Ministry of Information and Communications’s Authority of Information Security, and Ministry of Education and Training’s Information and Communications Technology Department, drew the participation of 92 universities and schools of ASEAN member states.
The contest aims at raising students’ awareness of information security, while promoting study, research, experience sharing and update of advanced technologies in the field.
According to VNISA Chairman Nguyen Thanh Hung, since information security plays a special role in developing countries like Vietnam, the contest helps to step up the training of high-quality information security human resources in the country and many other ASEAN nations.
Meanwhile, Deputy Director of the Authority of Information Security Hoang Minh Tien said Vietnam sets many targets in the sector, including mastering information security products and services, and improving Vietnam’s position in international rankings in the field, among others.
Therefore, it is of utmost importance for the country to develop human resources to meet requirements of the digital revolution, he added.
The best 16 teams will enter the final round slated for November 28. The awarding ceremony is scheduled to be held on December 2 on the occasion of the Vietnam Information Security Day.
With adjustments and changes, the national skills contest is coming closer to regional and world quality standards.
- If You Ask, They'll Tell You - Assessing Defense Contractor Security Posture
- Customize Sales Contests to Help Drive Performance
- Loan Modification Firms - Top 11 Questions to Ask Before You Hire One
- The Not-So-Invisible Hand - How The Plunge Protection Team Killed The Free Market
- Why You Need to Know What the Cyber Criminals Are Doing
- Face-to-face With IFBB Pro Brodybuilder Jeramy Freeman
- Movie Review - Eagle Eye Needs a Vision Check
- Continental Travel Business Plan - Harvard Branch
- Strong points of NCB in the eyes of investors
- Italia 90, a Semifinal Defeat to Penalties and Maradona
- UEFA Champions League Action - Week 5 - Group Stage Review
- Inside Deutsche Bank’s brazen scheme to woo China: Gifts, Golf and a $4,254 Wine
- Establishing a Trade Show Headquarters Command Post
- "Oops, We Meant $7 TRILLION!" What Hank and Fed Are Up to and How They Plan to Pay For it All
- The 6 Month House Buyer Cycle
- Xbox 360 Games - A Yearly Review of 2008 - The Casual Gamer
- Digital TV Switchover Winners and Losers
- Newfoundland Travel - St. Johns - Newfoundland
- Youth Football Training For Speed
- Insurance Brokerage Marketing Analysis - Worst States For Marketing Insurance
Vietnamese team tops qualifying round of ASEAN information security contest have 433 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at January 11, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.