Here’s a brief look at a number of talented Vietnamese footballers who were born in the Year of the Rat back in 1996.
Goalkeeper Duong Quang Tuan, 24, is currently playing for Hong Linh Ha Tinh FC. During the previous season he contributed greatly to helping the side gain promotion to the V-League for the 2020 season.
Midfielder Pham Xuan Manh, 24, is a native of Nghe An province and played a key role for the Vietnamese team during their run to the finals of the AFC U23 Championship back in 2018.
Defender Do Duy Manh, 24, has developed into one of Hanoi FC’s key players, winning the V-League championship title in 2019. He has represented his country at a number of different age groups, such as at the AFC U23 Championship in 2018, the Asian Games (ASIAD), the Asian Cup 2019, and most recently during the World Cup 2022 qualifiers.
Midfielder Le Van Dai, 24, is a professional footballer who is currently playing for V-League outfit Thanh Hoa FC.
Midfielder Tran Van Kien, 24, has been an important member of the successful Hanoi FC side, mainly playing on the right wing.
Midfielder Vu Van Thanh, 24, is currently at HAGL FC and featured for Vietnam’s U23 side at the AFC U23 Championship in 2018.
Midfielder Chau Ngoc Quang, 24, is expected to contribute to bringing success to HAGL FC during the upcoming Year of the Rat.
Midfielder Nguyen Phong Hong Duy, 24, has established himself as the main man on the right wing for HAGL FC. He has received international recognition, playing for the Vietnamese national team in tournaments such as the AFC U23 Championship in 2018.
Striker Phan Van Duc, 24, is famous for his contribution during the AFC U23 Championship 2018 and AFF Suzuki Cup 2018 campaigns. Following a serious injury picked up in 2019, the forward is looking to get back to full form in 2020 for his club side SLNA FC.
Striker Nguyen Van Toan, 24, of HAGL FC has burst onto the scene in recent years following a number of fantastic performances for the national side while playing at the AFC U23 Championship, the AFF Cup, the ASIAD Games in 2018, and the Asian Cup 2019.
Striker Phan Van Long, 24, is one of SHB Danang FC’s key players.
Here is a team of 24-year-old footballers who are expected to shine during 2020
- Nguyen Quang Hai most popular football face in TV commercials
- Vietnamese team encouraged ahead of Thailand departure for World Cup qualifiers
- The former air traffic controller behind Cape Verde's football fairytale
- Vo Trong Nghia wins Dezeen Awards 'Architect of the year'
- Deaths on college and high school football fields are a rare -- but reliable -- tragedy
- UNC coach under fire over his views on football's link to brain illness
- Watch: Argentine Footballer Dances To "Shah Rukh Khan's Smash Hit Baazigar O Baazigar"
- Air traffic controller directs Cape Verde football team to sporting glory
- In Hong Kong, Hepatitis E Strain Jumps From Rats to Humans
- Vietnamese, Polish musicians to perform classical music