Speaking at the event, Vietnamese Ambassador to Italy Nguyen Thi Bich Hue said with an economic growth rate of 7 percent last year, Vietnam remained a spotlight in the region and the world, placing among 20 economies contributing most to the global growth.
She informed that Italian Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs Manlio Di Stefano will visit Vietnam in the time to come to conduct deputy ministerial-level political consultation and co-chair the sixth meeting of the Joint Commission on Economic Cooperation, thus further deepening bilateral political and economic links.
Hue thanked the overseas Vietnamese for their contributions, and hoped that they will serve as an effective bridge between the two nations, maintain Vietnamese language and bring Vietnam closer to Italy.
Participants were treated to music performances and traditional Vietnamese food.
Similar events were also held in Bangladesh Myanmar and Malaysia./.
- Mobile apps to bring in the Lunar New Year 2013: Year of the Snake
- Celebrate the Lunar New Year
- Valve launches surprise Steam Lunar New Year Sale
- Great Ways to Celebrate the New Year in India
- 7 Old-Fashioned Ways To Celebrate The New Year
- Pregnant Irina Shayk Gears up for Cooking Favorite Dish for Old New Year?
- Google, Facebook, Twitter Help Revelers Ring in New Year
- 10 Apps to Help You Win New Year’s Eve
- Taiwanese Get Facelifts for New Year
- Petition Launched To Ban Adam Lambert At New Year’s Eve Concert