|Vietnamese Ambassador to Argentina Dang Xuan Dung (second from the right) takes over the Chairmanship of the ASEAN Committee in Buenos Aires (ACBA) from Philippine Ambassador Linglingay F. Lacanlale (centre) (Photo: VNA)|
Ambassadors and diplomats of five ASEAN member states in Argentina, namely Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Indonesia and Vietnam were in attendance.
In her speech, Ambassador Lacanlale briefed the participants on an overview of what the Philippines has done as a rotating ACBA chair over the past six months, including a number of workshops and meetings with local officials to reinforce intra-bloc unity, cooperation and ties between ASEAN and Argentina.
The Vietnamese ambassador praised the crucial role of the ACBA chair, pledging to give the highest priority to fulfilling the responsibility.
- World View: China Mocks America’s ‘Indo-Pacific’ Strategy at ASEAN Meeting
- Co-operation can help ASEAN lead on 5G development
- Bizarre “Lenin lab” embalms dead communist leaders to keep them “looking ageless” in North Korea and Vietnam
- Lindsey Graham Poised to Take Senate Judiciary Gavel
- Can Southeast Asia’s largest mixed-use development revitalise Vietnam?
- Report: Second Trump-Kim Summit to Take Place March or April in Vietnam
Vietnam takes over Chairmanship of ASEAN Committee have 314 words, post on english.vov.vn at January 23, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.