Police in Vietnam have busted a ring of criminals who sell smartphone spyware capable of stealing login credentials of banking, email, and social media accounts on target devices where it is deployed. The cybersecurity and high-tech crimes prevention unit under the Vietnamese Ministry of Public Security on Saturday said that it had worked in coordination with police officers in the Central Highlands province of Lam Dong to bust the crime ring, having operated in Ho Chi Minh City, Lam Dong, and the northern province of Son La. The ring leader, 30-year-old Tran Ngoc Duc, was arrested on the same day. Officers also searched Duc’s residence in Da Lat City, the capital of Lam Dong, and seized seven bank cards, one laptop, six mobile phones, one motorbike, and one car. At the police station, Duc confessed to being a dealer for two foreign websites http://www.cell-phones-tracker.com/ and https://tispy.net/, which sell smartphone spyware. Duc would act as a middleman to sell the information-gathering software to buyers in Vietnam. The spyware can be deployed into target devices to steal login credentials of banking, email and social media accounts. Internet banking transactions and phone calls made on the device can also be secretly monitored and recorded without its… Read full this story
- Should police be helping Amazon sell its Ring doorbell cameras?
- Spenger’s 34-carat diamond ring sells for $529,000 at auction
- China’s Xiaomi To Begin Selling Smartphone Accessories In The U.S. And Europe
- Vietnam, China businesses cooperate in selling water melon
- Move Over Apple, Samsung’s Galaxy S3 Is the World’s Best-Selling Smartphone
- Police bust up violent robbery ring that targeted ATM service techs
- Italy police bust suspected terrorism financing ring
- Vietnam police to prosecute American for causing public disorder
- One arrest after Boynton police bust up unruly crowd of 50 at Cinemark
- 23-year-old man found dead in Denton alley had been sick after visiting Vietnam, police say
Vietnam police bust criminal ring selling smartphone spyware have 334 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at January 19, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.