At the reception, Senior Lieutenant General Nguyen Chi Vinh said that after sending its officers to UN peacekeeping missions, Vietnam has been actively preparing for the deployment of the Level-two Field Hospital and the Company of engineers to UN peacekeeping missions. All these reaffirmed the resolve, responsibility and contributions of the Vietnamese Government and the Vietnam People’s Army to the UN peacekeeping operations. He stressed that those encouraging results were possible partly thanks to the effective support and assistance of UN agencies, and he confirmed Vietnam’s wish to further develop the fine relations with UNDP in particular and UN in general.
For his part, the guest highly appreciated the commitments and contributions of Vietnam to the UN peacekeeping operations over the past time and informed that UN agencies are willing to assist Vietnam to enhance the skills and quality of its peacekeeping forces, to help the country build a long-term strategy for deploying forces to UN peacekeeping missions and raise the forces’ role in the UN peacekeeping operations.
Translated by Huu Duong
- Syracuse, Jim Boeheim continue support of Bernie Fine amid sex abuse allegations
- Trend Micro commits to invest in cybersecurity in Vietnam
- Vietnam demands China to immediately stop sovereignty violations
- Vietnam to set up national innovation center
- Ericsson to provide private 5G-ready network for UN peacekeepers
- Spain wants new breakthroughs in relations with Vietnam: official
- VN, Canada hold huge potential to cooperate in supporting industry
- Vietnam, Canada hold huge potential to cooperate in supporting industry
- Lao PM concludes official visit to Vietnam
- Vietnam determined to protect sovereignty and legal interests in East Sea