At 7 a.m., the alarm rings, Nguyen Van Phi, 27, a student at Wuhan University, wakes up and touches his wife’s forehead, then his own. “Luckily, there’s no fever,” he tells her. Phi then turns on his phone and opens the Chinese website displaying the latest Health and Medical Commission statistics on the new coronavirus epidemic, shocked by the news stating the number of infections had climbed to nearly 6,000 and the death toll to 132. Via Chinese messaging service Wechat, Phi reports his family’s health condition to the general information channel established by the Vietnamese Embassy in China targeting Vietnamese students in Huabei Province’s Wuhan, a city of 11 million, considered the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak. Nguyen Van Phi (L) and his wife, in face masks, stay indoors all day as Wuhan is locked down following the coronavirus outbreak. Photo courtesy of Nguyen Van Phi. Phi said this year he and his wife decided not to return to Vietnam for Tet, or Lunar New Year, the most important and biggest holiday in Vietnam and China due tothe short holiday period and an overloaded study schedule. Another reason is that his wife Nguyen Thi Thanh, also a Vietnamese student… Read full this story
- Florida high school shooting: Attacker 'about 18 years old and not current student'
- Emergency training: Students, teachers taught how to handle terror attacks
- Florida high school shooting: Lockdown after reports of 'active gunman'
- British PM Theresa May relaxes posture on migration and foreign students
- Elderly woman trapped in bathtub for days is rescued by police after neighbour raised alarm
- Student Debt Is a Harsh Math Lesson for U.S. Graduates
- Student 'crushed to death as crowd barged to get into nightclub'
- Men raped Vietnamese nail salon manager and left her to die in burning car, court told
- First picture of Vietnamese pilot killed in helicopter in mid-air collision with plane during 'training session'
- Dundee roads in lockdown near students halls after cops urged students to “stay indoors” last night
Trapped in Wuhan: Vietnamese students at center of coronavirus lockdown have 343 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at January 29, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.