This was one of the main and most-anticipated activities of the ongoing eighth Hue Traditional Craft Festival 2019.
The event, attracting thousands of visitors, is expected to develop Vietnam’s traditional cultural values and honour ao dai.
It featured hundreds of ao dai sets from 16 collections of famous designers, namely Cao Duy, Viet Bao, Minh Hanh, and Ngoc Han, among others.
This year, designers use locally-made silks for their products, and decorated them with images of natural landscapes and world heritage sites in Vietnam’s central region, like Ho Dynasty Citadel in Thanh Hoa province, Phong Nha-Ke Bang cave in Quang Binh, and Hoi An ancient town and My Son Sanctuary in Quang Nam province.
The Hue Traditional Craft Festival 2019, the 8th edition, opened in the former imperial capital of Hue on April 26 with a grand ceremony.
Lasting from April 26 to May 5, the event introduces 60 craft villages and more than 350 artisans from not only Thua Thien-Hue but also other cities and provinces such as Ha Giang, Hoa Binh, Hanoi, Ha Nam, Hung Yen, Thai Binh in the north, Ninh Thuan in the south central region, Lam Dong in the Central Highlands and Dong Thap in the south.
The festival is also attended by 70 foreign artisans from eight cities that have twin-city and cooperative relationships with Hue, namely Takayama, Sasayama, and Saijo of Japan; Gyeongju, Namyangiu, and Dongnae of the Republic of Korea (RoK); Konya of Turkey; and Sao Luix of Brazil.-VNA
- Diwali - The Festival of Lights
- The Niagara Wine Festival- An Annual Highlight For Wine Lovers Across North America
- The Wine Festival
- UK Music Festivals Preview 2007
- Summer Festivals in Dublin
- The Pirate Festivals of Florida
- Jacksonville Jazz Festival
- Hutch Presents Legends Of India Announces 9th Annual Sangeet Festival In Kolkata
- Viewing Tulips at the Tulip Festival in Holland MI
- Hello from Montreal - Mexican Delights at La Iguana and a Peak at the Montreal Jazz Festival