They are Vung Tau city in the southern province of Ba Ria-Vung Tau, Quy Nhon city in the central province of Binh Dinh and Hue city in Thua Thien-Hue central province.
The titles, which were part of the 2020 ASEAN Tourism Forum 2020 (ATF 2020), were announced at a ceremony held in Brunei on January 16.
|Back Beach in Ba Ria-Vung Tau province|
The recognition aimed to honour and popularise localities boosting high quality tourism services in the region.
To earn the title, the cities need to satisfy criteria on environmental management, cleanliness, waste management, awareness-building on environmental protection and cleanliness, green spaces, health safety, urban safety for tourists and tourism infrastructure and facilities meeting standards.
In 2018, the three cities of Hue, Hoi An and Da Lat were presented with the title.
- John Sillett and Cyrille Regis honoured at our sports awards
- New direct flights connecting Vietnamese cities with SE Asian tourism hotspots launched
- Vietnamese publishers honoured at Book Street
- The heroic and tragic stories of the 21 names Stoke City honoured in Remembrance
- Maxine Peake and Richard Eyre honoured at UK Theatre Awards
- The Fashion Awards 2018: Miuccia Prada to be honoured with outstanding achievement award
- Glamour's first digital editor, Samantha Barry, to be honoured at UCC Alumni Awards
- Brother Kevin Crowley honoured with Human Dignity Award
- City 'honoured the memory of Khun Vichai superbly'
- How Man City have become clean sheet kings under Pep Guardiola