Earlier, trawler QNa 90129TS with Luong Van Vien from Quang Nam province at the helm and 51 fishermen on board experienced main engine failure and went adrift while fishing in the Hoang Sa (Paracel) waters.
|Ship SAR 412 guiding trawler QNa 90129TS|
Upon receiving the mayday, the Vietnam Maritime Search and Rescue Coordination Center sent Ship SAR 412 for the rescue mission. At 6:20p.m on May 2, the rescue ship approached the scene. The rescue team took the distressed fishermen ashore, provided first aid for them, and guided the distressed trawler to Da Nang City safely.
On the same day, Ship SAR 274 under the center brought a sick fisherman to Da Nang Hospital for further treatment.
Earlier, fisherman Hoang Sinh, 48, on board trawler QB 98174 TS was injured and lost consciousness. The captain of the trawler called the center for help. At 11:40a.m on May 3, the rescue team on board Ship 274 approached the trawler and brought the fisherman ashore.
Translated by Chung Anh
- Joint SAR team rescues eight longboat passengers
- A team of firefighters heroically rescued a distressed fat rat that was trapped in a sewer grate
- 4 Missing After Cargo Ship Capsizes Off Georgia Coast
- Vietnam plans to have more maritime rescue vessels
- SAR looking for one victim of singking boat in Lingga waters
- Mountain rescue team handed royal medals
- SAR team finds missing fisherman in Obi waters
- Rescue at South China Sea
- Fishermen scuffle over use of "trawl" in Bengkulu
- This Underwater Camera System Will Help Fishermen Stop Their Indiscriminate Killing