Hanoi (VNA) - The State Bank of Vietnam set the daily reference exchange rate at 23,170 VND/USD on January 22, up 12 VND from the previous day.
With the current trading band of +/-3 percent, the ceiling rate applied to commercial banks during the day is 23,865 VND/USD and the floor rate 22,475 VND/USD.
The opening hour rates at most commercial banks stayed stable as the week-long Lunar New Year holiday will start on January 23.
At 8:25 am, Vietcombank listed the buying rate at 23,070 VND/USD and the selling rate at 23,240 VND/USD, unchanged from the end of January 21.
BIDV also kept both rates unchanged, with the buying rate listed at 23,100 VND/USD and the selling rate at 23,240 VND/USD.
Meanwhile, Techcombank added 3 VND to both rates, listing the buying rate at 23,094 VND/USD and the selling rate at 23,234 VND/USD.
At the beginning of this week, the daily reference exchange rate was adjusted down but then up on the following days. The rates at commercial banks fluctuated slightly but not changed much before the Tet holiday, which will last through January 29./.
- Online businesses bustle as Tet coming
- Long haul is cheaper than Spain - the secrets to an amazing deal on your summer getaway
- Rogue City traders face long jail terms: Osborne to crack down on market rigging
- When a dream holiday home abroad becomes a nightmare
- Bulgarian PM says S&P rating hike reflects efforts to improve finances
- Sacré bleu! French holidays lose appeal for Britons
- Phase 1 of Long Thanh airport faces cost overruns
- Fortis seeks 15 days extension to declare results, gets rating downgrade on loans
- UPDATE 2-Bank of Israel holds key rate, cautions on political uncertainty
- Where Friendsgiving is Most Popular - Top States for Hot New Holiday
- Fed's Powell: Monetary policy well positioned to support strong labor market
- How to avoid piling up debt during the holidays
- Speculators boost net long USD bets to five-week high: CFTC, Reuters
- Rate boost for global property markets starting to wane: Reuters poll
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Stocks cheer warming trade talks, Alibaba's strong HK debut
- China ex-central bankers warn of long currency war with US
- Exchange efficiency key to exhibition success
- A love that stood the test of time: From a holiday dance and WWII love letters to six children and 14 grandkids, how George and Barbara Bush's incredible romance lasted nearly 80 years
- Working Class Stories: Uber Driver Talks Holidays, Unionization
- Mortgage rates bounce slightly higher heading into holiday weekend
Reference exchange rate up strongly before long Tet holiday have 391 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 22, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.