The People’s Committee of Ha Noi will conduct an opinion poll in July to gain the views of functional agencies, organizations and the public at large about the planned “Red River City” project, due to be submitted to the Prime Minister for approval in November.
The project outlines the removal of the old city and the building of a new city in its place. According to the Committee, the poll will focus on the compensation plans for the clearance of people’s homes currently situated at the site of the new city, and the resettlement of the people to a new area.
The Committee has proposed two solutions: One is that the people in the cleared area will move into new houses and apartments due to be built at the site. The other is that the committee will re-house the current residents elsewhere and they will receive compensation for the inconvenience caused.
- Red River mega project faces strong opposition
- WB provides additional credit for Red River water project
- HCMC should conduct opinion poll about anti-flood task
- Hanoi rejects cable car line over Red River
- Foreign investors rush to invest in smart city projects
- Red River urban area moves to PM’s desk
- Red River plan should protect its ecosystem - Opinion - Vietnam News Politics, Business, Economy, Society, Life, Sports
- Red River master planning set in train
- Coal project on Red River delta gets environment criticism
- Red River Delta - Hai Phong Tourism Fair 2013 closes