The funeral was held this morning, January 16, at the National Funeral Home at 5 Tran Thanh Tong Street in Hanoi.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc and Minister of Public Security To Lam was the first to pay tribute at the funeral.
Relatives of the dead officers
Hanoi’s delegation led by People’s Committee Chairman Nguyen Duc Chung
Many high-ranking officials of the state and the government at the funeral
The fatal confrontation occurred last Thursday, when a group of villagers attacked soldiers building a wall at military airport Mieu Mon in Dong Tam Commune in Hanoi’s outlying district of My Duc. The protesters were reported to have thrown hand grenades, petrol bombs and knives at soldiers and police officers protecting the construction site. The clash ended with three police officers and one of the protesters killed, while another protester was injured. The three police officers are Senior Lieutenant-Colonel Nguyen Huy Thinh, 48, Captain Pham Cong Huy, 27, and Senior Lieutenant Duong Duc Hoang Quan, 26. The officers were posthumously awarded the Feat Order by President Nguyen Phu Trong as well as certificates for their service to the nation by Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc.
- Vet pays tribute to Afghan war casualties — from memory
- FOX Sports Southwest pays tribute to storied Texas-Texas A&M rivalry
- CC pays tribute to sports pioneers
- Childress teams pay tribute
- Henry pays tribute to school victims
- Victor Cruz pays tribute to 6-year-old Sandy Hook victim
- Spanish press pays tribute to WC winners
- Spanish press pays tribute to WCup winners
- Spanish press pays tribute to World Cup winners
- Heat paying tribute to Floridians’ ABA legacy