|The Ministry of Health inspects Coronavirus prevention at Noi Bai International Airport|
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc on January 23 sent Telegram No.121/CD-TTg, urging ministries, agencies, and local authorities to take better action to prevent Coronavirus from spreading into the country.
Accordingly, the PM asked the Ministry of Health (MoH) to steer the activities to strictly control immigration at Vietnam’s border gates of roads, waterways, and airports. Suspected health hazards should be quarantined while taking timely and reasonable measures and schemes to respond to the development of the epidemic.
The Ministry of Information and Communications, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, the Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs were also directed to work closely with the MoH to provide and update information on the epidemic, and warn Vietnamese citizens not to go to the infected areas unless they have an urgent need reason. The chairmen of cities and provinces directly under the central government were also ordered to take measures to prevent and control the epidemic under the guidance of the MoH, while ensuing a sufficient supply of medicines, materials, and equipment, as well as finances to fight the epidemic.
The Coronavirus epidemic is reaching serious levels in China. To date, more than 541 Chinese citizens have been affected by coronavirus with 17 deaths.
According to the WHO, the new coronavirus causes fever, fatigue, sore throat, and dry cough in the early stages. As the illness progresses, patients may experience difficulties in breathing. These symptoms – which are similar to many other respiratory diseases – are what make it so difficult to control.
There is no specific medicine for the epidemic.
By January 23, Vietnam has found two affected cases who are Chinese citizens. Their health is said to be stable at the moment
- Customs clearances resumed at Lang Son border gates
- Interpreters needed for health checks at border gates: Health Ministry
- PM orders stricter countermeasures against COVID-19 outbreak
- PM orders stricter measures to contain coronavirus spread
- PM orders tax payments rescheduled to assist virus-affected firms
- Hubei to maintain strict prevention, control measures against virus
- Lang Son restores cross-border trade activities by locals
- Hubei vows to continue control effort
- New U.S. rule targeting poor immigrants sows fear, confusion, advocates say
- Vietnam wins first round of coronavirus fight: Deputy PM