The remaining Great British Bake Off stars have delighted fans by promising to stay until at least 2023, following Sandi Toksvig’s announcement that she is leaving the show.
Sandi, 61, who hosts the programme alongside Noel Fielding, said on Friday that she wants to leave the Bake Off tent to focus on other work projects.
But despite sadness at her departure from her co-stars, remaining trio Fielding, Prue Leith and Paul Hollywood will stay for another three years at least, Channel 4 said.
Remaining Great British Bake Off stars Paul Hollywood, Noel Fielding and Prue Leith have delighted fans by promising to stay until at least 2023, following Sandi Toksvig’s departure. Pictured clockwise from left: Hollywood, Toksvig, Fielding and Leith
Chef Leith, 79, who has presented the popular baking show for three years, previously said she wanted to stay until she equaled Mary Berry’s stint of seven years.
‘I want to equal Mary. She was on for seven years. I’ve got four more to go,’ she said in August.
She added: ‘By which time I’ll be 82, which is when she left.’
Sandi, 61, who hosts the programme alongside Fielding, 46, said on Friday that she wants to leave the Bake Off tent to focus on other work projects
But despite sadness at her departure from her co-stars, remaining trio Fielding, Leith and Hollywood will stay for another three years at least, Channel 4 said
Fielding penned a heartfelt tribute to his presenting partner in a Twitter post
Berry, 84, presented the show from when it started until it moved from the BBC to Channel 4.
And judge Paul, 53, said he wanted to be a ‘grumpy old git’ on Bake Off.
He said: ‘I think I’ll be getting wheeled on in a wheelchair and they’re going to have to blitz all the bakes and feed me with a spoon.’
News of the comebacks will delight fans of the show after Sandi announced her departure.
Toksvig said in a statement that ‘spending time with Prue, Paul and Noel has been one of the great pleasures of my life’
She announced the news on Twitter, writing: ’When stepping down from a job it is quite common for people to say they are doing so in order to spend more time with their family.
‘Unusually I am departing from the Great British Bake Off so I can spend more time with my other work. As my waistline will testify, Bake Off is an all-consuming show.’
Who is the favourite to replace Sandi Toksvig?
Nadiya Hussain wins Bake Off in 2015
- Nadiya Hussain 2-1
- Susan Calman 3-1
- Davina McCall 4-1
- Rachel Riley 6-1
- Jo Brand 6-1
- Noel Edmonds 8-1
- Rylan Clarke-Neal 10-1
- Clare Balding 12-1
‘Spending time with Prue, Paul and Noel has been one of the great pleasures of my life. These are friendships which I know will continue beyond the confines of television.
‘Bake Off is a wonderful programme which has already proved it can happily withstand a change of hosting personnel.
‘The reason for that, of course, is that the true stars of the show are the bakers themselves. I wish everyone well,’ she added.
Fielding, Hollywood and Leith all lamented her departure.
Fielding said on Twitter that his ongoing presenting role would be like ‘Tom without Jerry’, while Hollywood said Toksvig would ‘always be part of the Bake Off family’
Leith wrote: ‘I have absolutely loved working with Sandi, she’s been a brilliant host and enormous fun and I am in awe of how hard she works juggling so many different projects. We shall be lifelong friends’.
Those tipped to replace Toksvig include comedians Jo Brand, 62, and Jennifer Saunders, 61, as well as plus 2015 winner Nadiya Hussain, 35.
Bake Off judge Leith tweeted: ‘I have absolutely loved working with Sandi, she’s been a brilliant host and enormous fun and I am in awe of how hard she works juggling so many different projects. We shall be lifelong friends’ way beyond the tent. #GBBO #sanditoksvig’
Hollywood paid tribute to Toksvig in an Instagram post, with a picture of the four stars
Toksvig has fronted the programme alongside Fielding and judges Hollywood and Leith since 2017 after it moved to Channel 4 from BBC One.
Toksvig, Fielding and Leith joined the show when previous presenters Sue Perkins and Mel Giedroyc, and judge Berry, quit following the channel move.
Hollywood is the only original star of Bake Off, which started on BBC Two in 2010.
- Great British Bake Off to mock Prue Leith’s Twitter gaffe giving away last year’s winner in upcoming series
- Great British Bake Off opener watched by 6.1 million viewers
- Great British Bake Off return date REVEALED
- Great British Bake Off 2018: Luke becomes the second person to leave
- Great British Bake Off fans hail crisp-eating 'hero' Karen
- Great British Bake Off 2018 – who left the tent in dessert week and who was Star Baker for week four?
- What time is Great British Bake Off on
- When does Great British Bake Off 2018 start? Presenters, judges and themes
- Great British Bake Off 2018: Everything you need to know
- Great British Bake Off host Sandi Toksvig chooses Danish pastry theme to challenge wannabe bakers
- Meet your new Great British Bake Off contestants
- Great British Bake Off is back! Follow all of the action here
- Great British Bake Off fans go wild as Channel 4 announces new series start date
- Here’s the Great British Bake Off’s newest bakers — From a techno DJ to a mental health specialist
- From a techno DJ to a mental health specialist — here’s Great British Bake Off’s newest bakers
- What is Paul Hollywood’s net worth, how old is The Great British Bake Off judge and when did he split from wife Alex?
- Who is Karen on Great British Bake Off 2018? In-store sampling assistant from West Yorkshire
- Who is Luke Thompson on The Great British Bake Off 2018? Civil servant and techno DJ from Sheffield
- Who is Manon Lagreve on The Great British Bake Off 2018? Software manager from London
- Who is Jon Jenkins from The Great British Bake Off 2018? Blood courier from Newport
Paul Hollywood, Prue Leith and Noel Fielding confirm they will STAY with Great British Bake Off after Sandi Toksvig's shock quit announcement have 1035 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 18, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.