|Illustrative image (Source: VNA)|
Thanks to the bank's loans, more than 266,000 people have got jobs, with nearly 7,000 sent abroad as guest workers, and 36,000 disadvantaged students have continued their study.
The VBSP said its total credit balance stood at over 206.8 trillion VND (8.9 billion USDD) as of the end of December 2019, up 10.1 percent compared to last year's figure.
Of the amount, 73.8 percent was channeled into production and business activities that created livelihoods and jobs.
The rate of overdue and charge-off debts made up 0.7 percent of the total outstanding balance.
Meanwhile, the outstanding balance of credit programmes assigned by the Prime Minister reached nearly 180 trillion VND, up 9 percent year-on-year.
The accumulative capital for social welfare credit reached more than 216.36 trillion VND in 2019, up 17.58 trillion VND from the year earlier, with 15.4 trillion VND entrusted by local budgets.
VBSP General Director Duong Quyet Thang has asked the bank's departments to follow the Government's guidelines on socio-economic development and credit growth plans in 2020 assigned by the PM.
He required all units of the bank to take initiative in mobilizing financial resources for lending and timely disbursing credit in order to meet financial demands of the targeted groups, thus contributing to reducing black credit and improving the operational efficiency of the bank.
- Trumpcare Is the Worst-Designed Social Policy in History
- JNNURM houses turn a hub of anti-social activities
- Affordable housing eligibility would be expanded under Prop. K
- PM Narendra Modi meets top banks & NBFCs to discuss issues in financial sector, credit growth & risk aversion
- Keller @ Large: Trump’s Repeal Of Obama-Era Fair Housing Rule Is An Attempt To Win Over Suburban Voters
- Corbyn to drop social mobility as Labour goal in favour of opportunity for all
- Deciphering 'Suburban Lifestyle Dream': Twitter Castigates Trump For Canceling Obama-Era Housing Law
- Trump again attempts to stoke racial divisions in housing message
- U.S. housing bounce drives D.R. Horton profit beat, bullish outlook
- VN banks now keen on green credit
- Will these modular apartment buildings help the Bay Area handle its housing crisis?
- Ministry of Construction eyes building low-cost housing
- President Donald Trump: Who is he bringing with him to the White House?
- Millions to lose £52 a week with universal credit, report shows
- Government social protection policy falls short: survey
- New Education Policy emphasises on making 'job creators' instead of 'job seekers': PM Narendra Modi
- Government under fire over new child tax credit form for rape victims
- Social impact assessment: vacuum in policy building
- Universal credit needs £8bn overhaul, says cross-party report
- Universal Credit: The 10 changes you must report or your benefits could stop
Over 4,000 houses built with social policy credit have 416 words, post on vir.com.vn at January 6, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.