NETFLIX has given a first look at new sci-fi series I am Not Okay With This from the producers of Stranger Things.
The series is an irreverent origin story that follows a teenage girl called Sydney who’s navigating the trials and tribulations of high school, all while dealing with the complexities of her family, her budding sexuality, and mysterious superpowers just beginning to awaken deep within her.
The coming-of-age story combines with an element of a superhero origin story for something that will appeal to fans of similar shows like Stranger Things and The End of the F***ing World.
The show is based on the Charles Forsman graphic novel and is directed by The End of the F***ing World’s Jonathan Entwistle.
Sydney will be portrayed by 17-year-old actress Sophia Lillis, who appeared in the recent It films.
It also stars Wyatt Oleff, who starred as Guardians of the Galaxy’s Young Peter Quill and The Good Wife’s Sofia Bryant.
Meanwhile, Stranger Things’ David Harbour recently teased Hopper’s resurrection in season four.
The Netflix sci-fi series is set to return later this year after a cliff-hanger ending saw everyone’s favourite small town cop caught up in an explosion.
However there have been numerous clues since then that the character somehow survived the blast, with a post-credits scene revealing the Russians are holding someone called ‘The American’ captive.
While the identity of the mystery prisoner remains up in the air, David spoke out about his character’s uncertain fate.
Most Read in TV & Showbiz
Love Island fans spot ‘proof’ the show is ‘staged’
EastEnders fans’ horror as drunk Linda Carter wets herself on stage
Dancing On Ice stars’ fears for Hamish after Caprice fallout turns toxic
DOI’s Caprice shows off mystery black eye as she leaves training alone
Stacey Solomon accused of copying Mrs Hinch as pair go head-to-head with hacks
Corrie’s Lucy Fallon in floods of tears after filming final scene as Bethany
“One way it could be viewed is he has to die to make it up to [his daughter] Sara and see her in the afterlife,” he told latimes.com.
However, he also teased the comeback of a very different Hopper.
“The other view is that because of this newfound relationship with Eleven [Millie Bobby Brown], he needs to shed his skin, make a sacrifice that allows his character to re-emerge,” he continued.
“He was finally able to really take a bullet for a child, which he had never been able to do because Sara died of cancer. I think there’s a perfection to it.”
I AM NOT OKAY WITH THIS will launch on Netflix on 26th February 2020
- The 11 best new sci-fi books to check out on your new Kindle
- Bae Doo-na to Play Clone in Wachowskis New Sci-Fi Flick
- Stranger Things cast joins in the Fourth Of July fun on Live With Kelly And Ryan as hosts interview guests from giant inflatable flamingo
- The Witcher is More Popular Than Stranger Things in Most Countries
- 'Stranger Things' Producer Promises Plenty of Fun to Balance Season 3's Darkness
- Netflix's top draws in 2019: 'Murder Mystery,' 'Stranger Things'
- 'Stranger Things' Cast Reveals Season Three Has Two Main Antagonists
- Stranger Things writers drop ‘one last season 4 tease before New Year’ and fans are convinced they’ve solved it
- 'Murder Mystery' tops Netflix's list of most popular releases, 'Stranger Things' trails at no. 2
- 'Stranger Things' Promo Item Shares New Look At Season 3
- Stranger Things Cast Sings Praises of Avatar: The Last Airbender
- Millie Bobby Brown Hopes Eleven Loses Her Powers in 'Stranger Things'
- Shoppers are going wild after Primark announced a Stranger Things range is about to hit stores
- Stranger Things star Gaten Matarazzo thinks fans will ‘freak out’ over series four storylines
- Netflix Reveals Ten Most Popular TV Series Of 2019
- Former ‘Battlestar Galactica’ star Katee Sackoff explains why she waited a decade to take on sci-fi again
- How Eleven Became the Worst Part of ‘Stranger Things’
- The 7 Best Netflix Shows With New Seasons in 2019
- The Witcher becomes one of Netflix's highest rating original series on IMDb just days after its release... beating the likes of Stranger Things and Peaky Blinders
- ‘Stranger Things 2’ Outrage: Justice for Sean Astin’s Bob Newby!
Netflix gives first look at new sci-fi series I am Not Okay With This from producers of Stranger Things have 732 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 23, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.