January Jones is setting the record straight about rumors she dated Nick Viall, confirming that she went on a few dates with The Bachelor alum. Appearing on Dax Shepard’s Armchair Expert podcast this week, Jones, who is usually notoriously private about her personal life, spilled the tea on her quick romance with Viall.
When Jones, 42, gave her take on Viall’s 2017 season of The Bachelor during segments on Jimmy Kimmel Live and The Late Late Show With James Corden, Viall, 39, apparently caught wind and propositioned her on social media.
“I got super into it and it was one of Nick’s seasons — he did several — and I was just blasting that guy,” the Mad Men star told Shepard and co-host Monica Padman.
“Nick slid into my DMs and he’s like, ‘I’m so sorry that your perception of me is so negative. I’d love to take you out to coffee and see if I can change your mind,'” she said, summarizing his message to her. “And I squealed.”
While Jones said she initially considered turning down his invitation, she claimed her sister changed her mind.
“I was like, ‘I hate that guy!’ My sister’s like, ‘If you don’t go, you will forever regret it,'” she continued. “So I agreed to go on a date with him, or to drinks or whatever, and as I met him I was rounding the corner and I saw him and he has a very distinct walk, and I had this instinct to, like, run up to him and wrap my legs around his waist, do you know, like they do [on the show]? I stopped myself.”
As far as how the date went, Jones said, “It was good. All I did was grill him about the show. We went on a couple dates.” The “thing that attracted” her to Viall was that he was “cast as the ‘villain'” but that “he had a bit of brain.”
“That’s all we were talking about really,” she said. “But I got a lot of juicy inside stuff.”
“When they come out of the limo and they have these little shticks or whatever, producers are handing them to them. And then I just felt bad for the people who get, like, the dolphin costume. And here was all kinds of other stuff, but they do share a lot of germs with a lot of people,” she said.
Jones and Viall were first linked romantically in early 2018, about five months after Viall announced he and Season 21 star Vanessa Grimaldi had called off their engagement. However, Jones denied a romantic nature to their relationship at the time.
“He’s a friend of mine. He’s super sweet,” she told Entertainment Tonight in February 2018. “No, I’m single. But, he’s a friend of mine and tells me lots of inside scoops.”
Later that year, Viall also confirmed that he was single and that the two were “good friends.”
“We’ve hung out. I’ll leave it at that,” he told E! News.
Photo credit: Todd Williamson / Contributor / Getty, Presley Ann / Stringer/ Getty
SUBSCRIBE to GroupChat, PopCulture.com’s official Reality TV podcast! Check it out by clicking here or listen below.
HOLD UP! Hit play and listen to GroupChat’s new Episode 18! On our first episode of 2020 we’re talking Peter Webber and former ‘Bachelorette’ Hannah Brown meeting again, new ‘Vanderpump Rules’ SURvers are here, Kylie Jenner isn’t having the best kickoff to 2020 so far and is Jenelle Evans dating a new guy after her split from David Eason? Be sure to tap play for all the details!
- January Jones Says She Did Date Bachelor Nick Viall Despite Previously Calling Him Just a Friend
- Nick Viall Shares Video of Girlfriend Natalie Joy — and Bachelor Nation Stars Celebrate Their Relationship
- Nick Viall & Ex Vanessa Grimaldi Are on 'Great Terms' But 'Don't Actively Keep in Touch'
- Nick Viall Makes Red Carpet Debut with Girlfriend Natalie Joy at the MTV Movie & TV Awards
- The Bachelor's Nick Viall Celebrates "1 Year ish" Anniversary With Girlfriend Natalie Joy - E! Online
- Vanessa Grimaldi Says She 'Didn't Want to Get Engaged' to Nick Viall on The Bachelor
- Nick Viall Says He's 'Super Happy' with Girlfriend Natalie Joy: She 'Makes Me Want to Be Better'
- Nick Viall Reflects on 'Failed' Kaitlyn Bristowe Proposal: 'It Really Was a Season for the Ages'
- Nick Viall Says He's Found 'Closure' with Bachelorette Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'I Am Hyper-Sensitive'
- Bachelor Premiere: Nick Viall Meets Contestants, Including One He's Had Sex with
- Ashley Iaconetti Calls Nick Viall's Girlfriend Natalie Joy 'Everything We Hope He'd Find'
- Bachelor Stars Celebrate Ben Higgins & Jessica Clarke's Engagement: 'Your Love Is So Beautiful'
- The Bachelor's Vanessa Grimaldi Makes Her Relationship with Josh Wolfe Instagram Official
- The Bachelor Star Vanessa Grimaldi Is Engaged to Josh Wolfe
- Bachelor Ben Higgins Sweetly Reflects on 'Twists and Turns' That Led to Fiancée Jessica Clarke
- ABC Executive Addresses Matt James' Controversial Prayer on The Bachelor - E! Online
- Bachelor in Paradise's Ashley Iaconetti Reveals If She and Jared Haibon Would Get Married on TV
- Nick & Vanessa Lachey's Love Story: Meeting Cute, Falling Hard and Working on Happily Ever After - E! Online
- Chase Stokes and Madelyn Cline Spice Up Date Night With Twinning Looks at 2021 MTV Movie & TV Awards - E! Online
- Bachelorette Exec Reveals the Moment They Realized Clare Crawley Had to Be Replaced
January Jones Confirms She Once Dated 'Bachelor' Nick Viall After He 'Slid Into Her DMs' have 895 words, post on popculture.com at January 14, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.