Oguta, Nigeria (CNN) Evelyn Okororie had just returned home from the market in Nigeria’s Midwest region, when neighbors informed her that an airstrike had killed her mother, her niece and three of her children. .
The horrors of war
Crossing enemy lines
Aftermath of war
A new Biafra?
- Former G.I., Vietnamese lover reunited in Saigon after 50 years apart
- I want church I built from scratch to be my lasting legacy, says firebrand McCrea as he steps away from pulpit after 50 years
- Yemen civil war: The 'forgotten war' that has killed 10,000 and displaced millions
- Suffering, service and death of Irish soldiers in World War One remembered at Armistice memorial
- Eric Pickles: I have been fighting racists and anti-Semites for 50 years. I have never before experienced more intolerance
- Always look on the bright side of life: 50 years of Monty Python
- A couple and their car: A 50-year love affair
- Newcastle Civic Centre was opened 50 years ago
- Apple and Spotify selling drill gang tracks linked to brutal murder of 16-year-old and other attacks
- As World War One was ending, an even greater threat emerged in 1918 flu pandemic
- 50 years on, shockwaves of Olympic 'Black Power' protest still rumble
- Stonehaven church bell to ring for first time in 50 years
- See how Market Harborough celebrated the end of the First World War 100 years ago this weekend
- The area of town that will be unrecognisable in years to come
- Dance-floor days: A look back at the iconic Sir Henry's 30 years on
- The brutality of the Syrian regime must be told
- What is the Yemen War about, is there a famine, why is Saudi Arabia involved and how many people have died?
- Ebola claims six more lives as the DRC's death toll reaches 170
- How Britain will be marking 100 years since the end of World War One and remembering our heroes
- Can sport heal the wounds of war?
'I looked for death but I couldn't find it,' a Nigerian town relives the brutal civil war, 50 years after it ended have 1576 words, post on edition.cnn.com at January 15, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.