|MobiFone, Agribank, and SJC are all to be equitised within the next year|
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has just issued Decision No.26/2019/QD-TTg approving the list of corporations to be equitised by 2020.
Accordingly, 93 corporations must finish the process by the end of 2020, including big-shots like Agribank, SJC, and MobiFone.
Specifically, these 93 SOEs include four where the state holds at least 65 per cent of the capital, namely Agribank, Vinacomin (code: TKV), Vietnam Northern Food Corporation (Vinafood 1), and Vietnam Mineral One Member Co., Ltd.
Additionally, there are 62 enterprises where the state owns 50-65 per cent of the charter capital, including MobiFone, VNPT, Vinacafe, Vietnam Cement Industry Corporation (VICEM), Hanoi Transport and Services Corporation (TRANSERCO), and Urban Infrastructure Development Investment Corporation (UDIC).
Lastly, there are 27 firms where the state holds less than 50 per cent of the charter capital, such as Housing and Urban Development Corporation (HUD), Vietnam Paper Corporation, and Saigon Jewelry Co., Ltd. (SJC).
The prime minister asked the SOEs to complete the equitisation according to the timeline. Every quarter and before September 20, 2020, ministers and the heads of cities and provinces and SOEs must report on their progress to the Ministers of Planning and Investment, Finance, and the Steering Committee for Innovation and Development of Enterprises which will in turn report to the prime minister.
- Samsung India to hire over 1,200 engineers from top institutions like IITs and BITS Pilani this year
- Model, 27, says boob job made her so sick she felt like she was in a 90-year-old’s body – with chronic pain, hair loss and night sweats
- CPM sets 75 years as age cap for committee members; will Pinarayi be out of next PB?
- Domestic enterprise tech startups like Druva, Manthan get set for primary market debut
- Giants’ Bruce Bochy sits 4 wins shy of 2,000; can he get it this homestand?
- Silicon Valley still reeling as reality of Trump presidency sets in
- New York Giants need to fix D mistakes and make first downs
- MLB investigating ex-Giant Sam Dyson for alleged domestic violence, animal abuse
- Giants drop Buster Posey into sixth spot amid season ripe with batting struggles
- Giants lose backup catcher Stephen Vogt to Diamondbacks