Justyn Pennell (pictured) called 911 and confessed to a Florida dispatcher that he intentionally killed a man with his car on purpose
A Florida man admitted to intentionally hitting a 75-year-old Vietnam veteran because he was reportedly ‘looking for someone to run over so he could see what it’s like to kill.’
Justyn Pennell of Hudson, was arrested by the Pasco Sheriff’s Office around 3pm on Thursday after he called 911 and told the dispatcher he fatally hit man on purpose.
Sheriff Chris Nocco said the 21-year-old was running errands when he spotted the victim walking along the side of the road.
Pennell initially drove past the older man before pulling a U-turn and aiming his vehicle directly at the victim, Tampa Bay Times reports.
Pennell’s 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser (pictured) was found a quarter-mile away with damage to front-end bumper on the passenger side, the hood and the windshield
The man desperately scrambled out of the way, but was hit and died at the scene.
While at the scene and in later interviews, Pennell confessed to deputies that he laughed at the fear he saw on the victim’s face.
‘While he’s driving at his victim, he could see the look of fright on the victim’s face. This man is absolutely evil,’ Nocco said during a Thursday press conference
It was later revealed that Pennell had thoughts of killing someone for months, had already planned how he would do it and had left his home with the express intent of finding someone to kill with his vehicle.
Pennell, pictured in ROTC gear, killed a Vietnam veteran because he was ‘looking for someone to run over so he could see what it’s like to kill’
Pennell (pictured) was charged with first-degree murder and is being held without bond at the Pasco County Jail
Deputies and Pasco Fire Rescue crews dispatched to the scene, and found the victim lying on the side of Aripeka Road.
They then discovered Pennell’s 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser a quarter-mile away with damage to front-end bumper on the passenger side, the hood and the windshield. The car was inoperable.
‘There are some cases that we hear of that absolutely, even for us in law enforcement, make us just realize and remind us that there is pure evil in the world,’ said Nocco.
Deputies say there appears to be no relation between the men and they were strangers.
Pictured: Pasco County authorities at the scene near Aripeka Road after Pennell struck the victim with his car
Pennell was charged with first-degree murder and is being held without bond at the Pasco County Jail.
During the press conference, Nocco said deputies at the Pasco Sheriff’s Office were stunned by the brazen crime.
‘I have never worked a case where someone actually planned to go out and look for a victim. The act was not random, but the victim was a random victim,’ he said.
Pennell only appears two times in the department’s records, including once when he was classified as a runaway.
Pennell initially drove past the older man before pulling a U-turn in his car (pictured) and aiming his vehicle directly at the victim
The investigation into the incident is ongoing, as deputies are still interviewing Pennell’s family, friends and are crafting search warrants.
The Florida Highway Patrol is also investigating the crash to gather details about speed and time of collision.
Nocco said there’s ‘a very strong case’ against Pennell, but the department is urging residents with evidence to come forward.
Witnesses said that other motorists stopped and took pictures of the scene before driving away, WFLA reports.
Nocco said: ‘Because of the pure evil that happened yesterday, there’s a 75-year-old man, who’s a father, a grandfather, a Vietnam War veteran, who was killed.’
- Four traffickers 'sold a 13-year-old runaway girl to hundreds of men for sex and dubbed her "breadmaker" for the amount of money she earned them
- Police charge man, 26, with murdering 27-year-old who was stabbed to death when a fight broke out at a party in east London
- Alabama couple are charged with starving their three-year-old son to death 'while they scoffed Popeye's chicken and doughnuts', after cops found him weighing just 13lbs and his brother, 4, only 15lbs
- Doorbell camera catches dog walker bringing back pooch DEAD as the eight-year-old Yorkie becomes the 15th pet to be 'killed or lost' by someone hired through controversial Wag app
- White Florida man running for local office 'told teen Puerto Rican tennis players to "go and cut grass"' and tried to get them thrown out of club in a vile racist rant'
- Man, 21, charged with reckless manslaughter after plying his 18-year-old girlfriend with alcohol before handing her a loaded shotgun that she fatally shot herself with seconds later
- Motorcyclist, 18, avoids jail for mowing down and killing a 57-year-old father-of-four after claiming he was unable to avoid his victim ‘because he was being tailgated by a car’
- Six-year-old 'killed by his mother's boyfriend had been waterboarded, beaten like a piñata, hung from the bathroom door by his t-shirt and left to die in their maggot infested-apartment'
- DNA testing identifies long-deceased killer of 15-year-old girl who was found naked and stabbed to death at her grandparents' home in 1984
- Bengaluru: 9 held for murdering 63-year-old woman
- Mother of five-year-old AJ Freund pleads guilty to beating him to death and now faces 60 years in prison after initially telling cops he'd gone missing from his bed in middle of the night
- 'He was a lovely, caring boy': Mother of 14-year-old rammed off his bike and stabbed seven times insists he was NOT involved in drug crimes as pictures show him making a gangland gun sign and posing with cash
- 'Stand Your Ground' Law: Family of Florida Man Shot and Killed Over Handicapped Parking Space Asks State To Charge Shooter Protected By Law
- Man, 21, is left fighting for his life after he was stabbed in north London's Muswell Hill as police arrest man, 22
- Tragic Canadian oil millionaire, 80, is pictured with his wife in their 116-year-old Knox car as they set off on the London to Brighton rally just hours before he was killed in a crash with an HGV after accidentally venturing onto the M23
- Third man is jailed for killing British mother, 47, in Mauritus botched robbery while her 10-year-old son was in the house
- Man is arrested for 'stalking' 88-year-old millionaire art dealer Forrest Fenn who famously hid $2million treasure chest full of gold in the Rockies
- Video shows Central Valley officer firing more than a dozen shots, killing fleeing 15-year-old boy
- The wannabe 'middle class gangster' who stabbed Yousef Makki to death: Killer is revealed as 17-year-old who attended £33k-a-year private school and revelled in 'idiotic fantasies' of becoming a notorious criminal
- Eleven-Year-Old Gets Used Copy Of
Florida man, 21, ran over a 75-year-old Vietnam veteran on purpose 'so he could see what it's like after planning to kill someone for months' have 1154 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 11, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.