The Haryana Shahari Vikas Pradhikaran (HSVP) has sought details from the District Town and Country Planning (DTCP) on increasing the floor area ratio (FAR) in sectors within the 800 metre-radius of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation’s (DMRC) Yellow Line and Rapid Metro in the city. The FAR is the ratio of a building’s total floor area to the size of the plot upon which it is built. It decides the amount of construction that can be carried out on a plot and an increase of this limit allows increased construction.
Under the Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) policy of the state government, which allows densification of areas near any transit system like the Metro, the HSVP wants to auction its unused land for commercial purposes to generate additional revenue.
RS Bhatt, district town planner, DTCP, said, “As per the TOD policy, we have been asked to inspect areas suggested by the HSVP for FAR expansion. We will examine the site, prepare the plan and submit it to the HSVP estate office.”
According to officials, to develop these TOD zones, land resources along the transit system are to be restructured. Legally, it is designated that there be 800 metres depth on both the sides of any transit system. Currently, on these land zones, the FAR is 2.5 to 3.5 based on the infrastructure, like commercial offices or shopping complexes.
According to senior officials in the HSVP, unutilised land within the 800 metre-radius will be auctioned for the overall development of the area. As per the plan, the land will be allocated for commercial and shopping centres in sectors 27, 28 and 42.
The DTCP has been asked to examine sectors 25, 25A near MG Road, 26A near Golf Course Road, and 42, as well as the Genpact crossing and group housing societies in sectors 56, 79 and 80. As a part of the TOD, the plan is to construct a multilevel four-wheeler park in Sector 43 on the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) model and a community centre in Sector 55.
- Supreme Lewis Hamilton takes Spanish Grand Prix victory to increase championship lead
- M&As halve to $34 billion so far this year on slowing economy
- Utah Jazz: Examining The Growth Of Rudy Gobert
- Peter Sagan finds heaven in hell as world champion beats Silvan Dillier in two-up sprint to win Paris-Roubaix
- Frustrations mount for Lewis Hamilton as Sebastian Vettel claims pole in Ferrari domination at Bahrain GP
- Bahrain Grand Prix 2018 qualifying
- Sebastian Vettel storms to pole for Ferrari in Bahrain, Lewis Hamilton to start ninth
- Can San Antonio be Texas’ third MLS team despite its smaller market?
- F1 live: Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2018
- Lewis Hamilton wins dramatic Azerbaijan Grand Prix and takes championship lead
- Lewis Hamilton rides his luck to claim victory at Azerbaijan Grand Prix after Red Bull crash sparks chaos
- MLB: Five Aging Stars Primed to Decline in 2017
- Lewis Hamilton left to rue Mercedes safety-car blunder as Sebastian Vettel takes advantage to win in Australia
- The White Sox ballpark in Chicago that never was and could have changed history
- Laochra Loch Lao. Don't bet against those words being on the tongues of gaels across the land in the years ahead
- SI’s MMQB: Matt Ryan has finally come into his own in Atlanta
- Golden Gloves, hosted by Omaha in 2018, have had legendary boxers rise through ranks
- Though longtime Golden Gloves director is leaving, female fighters added in Omaha return
- DAVID GALLOP: Football needs to talk directly to the fans
- Bezos’ WaPo: Business Needs Welfare-Dependent Immigrants to Take U.S. Jobs
DTCP to examine FAR increase in sectors near Metro have 557 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at January 8, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.