Avenue Supermarts, the operator of hypermarkets retail chain D-Mart, showed a healthy 53.3 percent growth in Q3 FY20 profit on January 11, which was ahead of analyst estimates. The growth was driven by lower tax cost, and higher revenue and operating income.
Standalone profit during the quarter jumped to Rs 394.3 crore, up from Rs 257.1 crore in same period last year.
Revenue from operations grew by 23.9 percent year-on-year to Rs 6,751.9 crore during the quarter that ended on December 2019, the company said in its BSE filing.
Avenue added seven stores in Q3FY20.
“Topline growth was in line with our estimates. PAT Margin improvement partly reflects the benefit due to revision in corporate tax rates. We have opened 20 stores during the first 9 months of this fiscal,” Neville Noronha, CEO and Managing Director said.
At the operating level, earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBTIDA) increased 30.8 percent year-on-year to Rs 593.1 crore, and its EBITDA margin expanded by 50 basis points to 8.8 percent in Q3 Fy20.
Numbers beat analyst estimates. According to the average of estimates of analysts polled by CNBC-TV18, profit was estimated at Rs 356 crore on revenue of Rs 6,640 crore for the quarter and EBITDA was expected at Rs 571 crore with margin at 8.6 percent in Q3.
The company’s stock rallied 39 percent in last six months.Get access to India’s fastest growing financial subscriptions service Moneycontrol Pro for as little as Rs 599 for first year. Use the code “GETPRO”. Moneycontrol Pro offers you all the information you need for wealth creation including actionable investment ideas, independent research and insights & analysis For more information, check out the Moneycontrol website or mobile app.
- RIL Q4 results: Consolidated PAT jumps 129% YoY, beats estimates; firm to pay Rs 7 dividend
- HDFC Q4 Results: Net profit rises 42% YoY, beats estimates; lender to pay Rs 23 dividend
- Reliance Q3 results preview: Profit may jump 10-14%; GRM seen at $9.2-9.6
- Tanla Platforms Q3 profit jumps multifold to Rs 94 crore
- Dhanuka Agritech Q2 results: Net profit rises 17% to Rs 70 crore
- STL Q4 results: Net profit rises 55% to Rs 124 crore
- Fact check: Are company profits growing five times faster than Australians' wages?
- TVS Motor Q4 Net Profit Up Three Times At Rs. 289 Crore
- JSPL Q2 results: Reports consolidated net loss of Rs 706 crore
- Spencer's Retail Q4 results: Net loss narrows to Rs 35 crore
- Easy Trip Planners Q4 results: Co reports net profit at Rs 30 crore
- IOC Q2 results: Profit grows 13 times to Rs 6,026 crore even as revenue slips
- SpiceJet posts net loss of Rs 235 crore in Q4 of FY21
- Interview | Indian airlines are burning cash of Rs 50 crore-Rs 60 crore daily, says ICRA’s Kinjal Shah
- Whirlpool of India Q4 results: Consolidated profit jumps 41% to Rs 130 crore
- GMR Infrastructure Q4 results: Net loss narrows to Rs 723 crore
- We will reduce debt by at least Rs 600 crore in FY22: JK Tyre CFO
- B2B marketplace Jumbotail raises Rs 35 crore from Alteria Capital
- NTPC Q1 takeaways: Being part of essential services helps firm beat estimates
- UP to spend Rs 1800 crore Nabard funds to provide road connectivity to 1785 villages
D-Mart operator Q3 beats estimates, profit grows 53% to Rs 394.3 crore have 521 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at January 11, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.