You’ll need all the energy you can muster in the morning after a long night of poker at the Flamingo and hitting the clubs until 5 a.m. Here are six great off-Strip places to help ensure you’re making the most of your time in Vegas.
Vesta Coffee Roasters
Vesta Coffee Roasters opened in an old art-supply store in 2016 to give the downtown Arts District area a pick-me-up. The big, bright welcoming space serves the espresso drinks and fancy pour-overs you’d expect, as well as a menu of surprisingly good food. Try the Vesta chop salad, with salmon, farro and crispy corn.
1114 S. Casino Center Blvd., #1, Las Vegas, (702) 685-1777, vestacoffee.com
Mothership Coffee Roasters
There are three locations of Mothership Coffee in Las Vegas, but the newest, at Fergusons Downtown on Fremont Street, might be the most fun. The renovated and repurposed motel has shops, restaurants, public art and, now, some top-notch coffee to go with it. Owner Juanny Romero’s retro-chic aesthetic pairs well with Guatemalan, Peruvian and Ethiopian brews and Mahlkönig-ground single-origin espressos.
1028 Fremont St., Las Vegas, (725) 735-4539, mothershipcoffee.com
The Writer’s Block
A warm, welcoming and inclusive place that is an independent bookstore, coffee spot and writers workshop. Writer’s Block is the retail headquarters for “The Believer,” a lit magazine based at UNLV, and conducts free arts workshops for local students. Enjoy your flat white (brewed from Mothership beans) knowing you’re supporting a good cause in the community.
519 S. 6th St., Suite 100, Las Vegas, (702) 550-6399, thewritersblock.org
Desert Wind Coffee Roasters
Halfway between the Strip and Red Rock Canyon you’ll find Desert Wind Coffee Roasters, a homey little strip-mall gem on West Sahara Avenue. House-roasted beans (from El Salvador, Papua New Guinea, Burundi, Honduras and about a dozen other countries) are turned into a variety of creative espresso drinks. For a quick pick-me-up, try the Cannon Proof Coffee, a double shot mixed with coconut oil.
7772 W. Sahara Ave., Las Vegas, (702) 998-4222,desertwindcoffee.com
Bad Owl Coffee
I’m not sure how long Bad Owl, which has some serious (or should I say, Sirius?) Harry Potter influence going on — one ricotta toast on the menu is named Avada Ricotta — can avoid running afoul of J.K. Rowling’s lawyers, but as far as I’m concerned, more power to them. (For what it’s worth, they’ve apparently toned down the theme since the shop’s Henderson debut in 2016.) The Second Breakfast latte, flavored with maple and cinnamon, is finished with a sea salt cream. More like espresso patronum, amirite?
8035 S. Rainbow Blvd., Suite 100, Las Vegas, (702) 837-1869, badowlcoffee.com
PublicUs, a daytime-only cafe on Fremont Street downtown, has pretty much everything you could ask for in a restaurant — bright, spacious environs, great food and a good coffee program. The menu is dotted with nods to co-owner Kimo Akiona’s Hawaiian roots, such as the Mahalo Special — a plate of Spam, eggs, sausage, rice and kimchi. Espresso drinks are top-notch and the bakery case shines brightly too: A vegan apple pie is nearly indistinguishable from the original.
126 Fremont St., Las Vegas, (702) 331-5500, publicuslv.com
- NFL Approves Raiders Move To Las Vegas For 2019 Season
- Frank Cullotta Dies: Las Vegas Mobster Who Was Key Adviser On ‘Casino’ Film Was 81
- Rams, Chargers could finish home schedules in Las Vegas
- Emma Roberts cuts a casual chic look in a pink sweater as she steps out for coffee run in LA during break from quarantine
- Jordana Brewster bundles up in a sherpa coat while on a coffee run with four-year-old son Rowan in Brentwood
- Whitney Port is Sunday casual in sweatshirt and baggy sweats as she runs errands in LA
- Emma Roberts shows her burgeoning baby bump as she grabs coffee with boyfriend Garrett Hedlund in LA
- Kansas City Chiefs grind out victory over Denver Broncos to clinch playoff berth for sixth straight season
- James Harden Misses Rockets Camp After Reportedly Spotted At Vegas Club
- Jordana Brewster looks chic in a low-key look as she grabs coffee with new beau Mason Morfit before stepping out with son Rowan in LA
- Sarah Jessica Parker strikes a pose on the New York City sidewalk as she is again seen in her colorful jungle patterned puffer coat
- Kaia Gerber flashes her bare midriff in cropped sweater as she grabs iced coffee and pastry with dashing boyfriend Jacob Elordi
- Helena Christensen steps out in a hypnotic polka-dot raincoat as she braves the rain for a walk with her dog Kuma in New York City
- Kylie Jenner's bff Anastasia 'Stassie' Karanikolaou and Noah Centineo rumored to have 'eloped'... after she sported rock on her ring finger and their flirty Instagram exchanges
- Scathing audit finds Mike Edmonson took repeated handouts, used State Police role for personal gain
- Of Emeralds and Lugnuts: Giants, A’s get new minor-league affiliates
- Miss World Teen Delia Emily Castillo, 17, says she WASN’T kidnapped after Amber Alert issued
- NFL Playoff, Division Title Scenarios For 5 Teams Entering This Weekend
- Which Teams Are in the NFL Playoffs 2020? Updated AFC, NFC Standings and Bracket After Week 13
- NFL Playoffs Picture 2020: Which Teams Can Make Postseason in Week 14?
Coffee in Las Vegas: 6 spots to get your caffeine fix in Sin City have 947 words, post on www.latimes.com at January 31, 2020. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.